New trailer tires?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your tires are exposed to the sun, there life will be shortened a bunch!! I am fortunate enough to have a big pole barn to store my toys in. My 22' boat that I just sold had tires that were 12 years old and still looked new, no cracks no dryness in the rubber but only time in the sun was when they were at the boat ramp!! Sun makes a big difference!!!! If your trailer sits outside, then 5 years is about all they last, indoor's can go 10 years....however do be aware that a law was passed by the federal highway boys that tires over 7 years of age can no longer be repaired by by a commercial tire dealer. You can repair your own but no dealer will touch a tire over 7 yrs of age except to replace it !!! I can tell you from experience that it really sucks to try and change a flat on a boat trailer along the highway !!!
Another thing to consider....if you have road service on your insurance....and you call them to fix your flat tire...they will not mount your spare tire if it is over 7 years old !!! Be aware !!

Latest posts