New Yamaha outboard

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 29

Reaction score
After some thought, I may go with a new outboard rather than looking to fix the old one. There’s a bit more to it than I could get into but, it’s a trip that has long since sailed. Anyway, I went to Yammy website, it doesn’t appear they are making a remote steering anymore, unless I missed something.
Thanks

Hiya, Hammer. I think you are looking at the 9.9 HP's. Yamaha does make it either in a tiller or remote, at least according to their website. I think a PT&T might also be an option (which is worth it it the budget allows, IMO).

I would think most dealers are stocking the tiller models. Might have to order up a remote model, but that is just a wild guess on my part.

This was the only page I could find. One 9.9, one 8 hp

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/home/outboards/25-2-5-hp/9-9-8

Just got off the phone with a nearby Yammy dealer. Looking for a 9.9, is probably a minimum of a year out!

It's a long wait for shore. Ordered a Yamaha 20 hp tiller w/electric start. Ordered it in October 21. Dealer called last week, said my baby will be delivered 7/22. Very happy ..... now I got to finish the boat!!!

Latest posts