Night fishing in the afternoon.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S&MFISH

Reaction score
Well, like usual I think all the bases are covered and , the SD card I picked up to video this event was defective, caused my camera not to function properly or at all. I have some crappy phone pics to share, if you all don't mind. Here goes the report.

Arrived at the lake at around 10 am. Messed with the camera for about a half hour before finally giving up on that. Sharing the lake with two yakers was nice. There were a few bank fishers there also, but most were there for the open setting to view the eclipse.
Fishing was fair to say the least. Caught the first one after about 20min, then they came in spurts... nothing for twenty or thirty minutes. Then, 2 in 15min, then wait another spell of nothing, then bam 2 in 20min, then nothing for about a half hour...... you get the pattern here. Seemed like just another day on the water for me. Caught 8 total,6 bass, 2 bluegill. All except 2 bass were caught on a shad Bomber A shallow diver. 2 bass were caught on a watermelonseed Baby Brush Hog. Missed a pic of one blue as he flopped back into the lake before I could get the phone.
Nothing really changed once the event started, I was tracking what was happening and when, with relation to the amount of coverage. I caught 1 when the moon first appeared, then nothing until there was 50% coverage. Put two in the boat then near the dam. The last fish came at around 95% or so.
Then that was it. As soon as totality arrived everything seem to just turn off for about 2min. There were no massive amounts of birds or crickets chirping, they chirp here all day long, only the sounds of the people at the lake oohing and aahing at the sun. It was pretty serene.
I continued fishing the entire time with not even a bite. It just turned off as soon as the moon covered the sun, and I didn't catch another fish for about 45 min, then it was time for me to scoot.
The worst time I had was the ride home through St.Clair,MO. All week long they have been telling us to be prepared. The authorities in St.Clair were definitely NOT. What usually takes a bit over 5min to get through town, took over 1hour. It was a total cluster&%#. Enough about that, time for the pics.
IMAG0562.jpgIMAG0563.jpg
IMAG0564.jpgIMAG0565.jpgIMAG0566.jpgIMAG0567.jpgIMAG0568.jpgThat's all the fish.
IMAG0569.jpgthis was approximately at 75%, as was the next threeIMAG0571.jpgIMAG0572.jpgIMAG0573.jpg

These next three are during totality
IMAG0574.jpgIMAG0575.jpgIMAG0576.jpg

I really wish the Hatcam would have worked.

Latest posts