Non Stop smoking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I supplement with lots of veggies, I promise! :LOL2:

I love my smoker, and I love cooking on it. My wife thinks I'm a nut, she caught me dancing in front of it. The 3-4 beers did not help. :LOL2:

This weeks experiment consisted of a Whole Chicken and 2 full racks of baby back ribs.

This time I used NO mustard on the ribs. I actually prepared them the same way Except the Chicken also got some brown sugar.

I lathered the ribs and the chicken with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then on the ribs I added Garlic powder, Black Pepper, and some salt. The chicken got the same thing except the above ingredients were added to 1/2 cup light brown sugar.

A very, very light coating of chili powder was added on top....very light.

In the smoker they went at 2:30 pm. I used a combo of hickory and cherry wood mixed in with the kingsford blue. 3 hours later I pulled the ribs and foiled them. I also bathed them in a mixtures of sweet baby rays and honey. They went back on the grill for another hour. At the same time I coated the chicken with the same mixture of sauce and let it sit on the smoker for another hour.

Everything came out great!

Before:
DSC00614.jpg

After:
DSC00615.jpg

Very happy with the results.

That looks tasty. I had some Smoked Pulled Pork sandwiches over the weekend.

Man that looks good... You are making me want to buy a smoker now: looks like fun trying to find different things to make with it. I would actually probably use it a lot. Keep sharing!

Latest posts