Old boat, new deck (lotsa pics) FINISHED!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First post!

Well here's some pictures of the progress we're making on our 14' Sea Nymph. That's the real name on the side not something we named it. :D

Anyway, every piece of wood that was in before had rot in it somewhere. Some pieces were so rotted they had to be swept out rather than ripped out. All the new wood was treated with preservative. Plus the deck is completely removeable so if it is rained on or whatever it can be dried completely before being put back in.

Feel free to ask questions on how we did certain areas and I'll try to asnwer them. It was a fairly simple job, but it took alot of 'eyeballing' to get everything to fit the way we wanted to. The frot deck was by far the hardest part, but after alot of agony it now fits as snug as a bug in a rug. :)

Now onto the pictures. Sorry for the quality. The finished pictures will be much better. I'll post those as soon as the carpet is done.

Enjoy the pictures of the old Chrysler outboard. You don't see many of those around. For good reason too. This one doesn't run and never will. We're currently looking for another outboard.

First step, see what we have to work with. Answer: Rot, everywhere.
overviewbeforenp3.jpg

frontdeckbeforeyz2.jpg

righthatchbeforeqg4.jpg

Here's a shot showing it stripped to the metal.
strippedfrontdeckfs2.jpg

Front deck was done first. A seat will be mounted soon as well.
frontdeckundersideym4.jpg

frontdeckcarpetedio4.jpg

Here's a mock-up of the layout we decided to go with. We shortened the hatches to make them lighter and widened the sides so it's harder to crush a pole. ;) A seat will be back here also.
layoutbeforecarpetuq0.jpg

openhatchbeforecarpetaq8.jpg

Stay tuned for updates!!!

Well here's some pictures of the progress we're making on our 14' Sea Nymph. That's the real name on the side not something we named it. Very Happy

If you look by the rope you will see the same thing, Sea Nymph so we believe ya :wink:

S2010019.jpg

I am very caurios to see the final product and keep them pictures coming on your progress.

Also welcome to TinBoats and great first post =D> =D>

fishnfever

fishnfever said:
If you look by the rope you will see the same thing, Sea Nymph so we believe ya :wink:

I am very caurios to see the final product and keep them pictures coming on your progress.

Also welcome to TinBoats and great first post =D> =D>

fishnfever

Thanks! And what's neat about the way we're doing it is we can remove the deck and have it setup like yours in a matter of minutes. And it's all very sturdy.

UPDATE!!!

Well aside fromthe seats it's pretty much done. Sorry for the dirty carpet, It's still dirty from laying on the garage floor. ::)  Oh well, enjoy anyways!

The Sea Nymph....
seanymphse8.jpg

Port side
donerearportsidetk0.jpg

Hatch with proffessional carpet job...
donehatchoz4.jpg

Cockpit area...
donecockpitcy6.jpg

Front view...
donefrontstarboarddc4.jpg

Nice!

Did you add the console steering?

Are the hatches water tight(somewhat?).

Nickk said:
Nice!

Did you add the console steering?

Are the hatches water tight(somewhat?).

Nope that was there already. My grandpa might have had it added when he got the motor put on back in 1912. :lol:

Hatches are as watertight as some plywood with carpet can be. The carpet sits real tight to each other, but if we're out in a monsoon it will probably get some poisture down there.

Hey Jim, we've already taken her out when we just had the front deck and then again before we had the carpet.

Latest posts