One man’s junk...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been following along with the build in the background. Just wanted to say nice job!

e566e8f1373bd0f3dfc72e287462bcde.jpg

Maiden voyage was a success. Boat didn’t leak and handles great. Should be perfect for it’s intended purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job. It's easy to forget just how beautiful and practical a simple boat can be.... A snapshot from a time before the 1000 lb carpeted monster...

Thanks. I’m happy with it. The 4 hp won’t win any races but it weighs 33lbs and the weedless design works pretty good. We took it through some lily pads and some water shallow enough to drag the skeg with no ill effects.

Well, that is really sweet little "blood and guts" fishing boat. So how did the seats do in the end are they fairly stable or do they flex at all? I wish I had taken your advice and gone with the nylox for paint stripping I am on to my third wire wheel, the second pack of sandpaper, second 3m disk and I am still just shy of halfway done. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours did in the end.

The seats are solid and don’t seem to flex. The ones I took out were 3/4. I milled the new ones to 7/8. Pine. The floatation boxes and angles lend some rigidity as well.

Great job! You might have stayed my resbuild drastically! That wood just looks great.

7b83cc0aea8e9fab79136e95011a392a.jpg

One man’s junk’s purpose is to be a second boat on fishing trips.
1d323735a91565439224677df55380df.jpg

Here it is fully loaded plowing its way up the French River in Ontario.
c932d1e5a4cf599807d427265b22d52d.jpg

The seats are solid and the boat handled wakes from bigger boats better than I thought it would. It doesn’t leak a drop. Only problem I had was the recoil spring broke (I think one of my boys flooded it and pulled the stew out of it) so we had to wrap a rope around the flywheel.

Weldorthemagnificent said:
7b83cc0aea8e9fab79136e95011a392a.jpg

One man’s junk’s purpose is to be a second boat on fishing trips.
1d323735a91565439224677df55380df.jpg

Here it is fully loaded plowing its way up the French River in Ontario.
c932d1e5a4cf599807d427265b22d52d.jpg

The seats are solid and the boat handled wakes from bigger boats better than I thought it would. It doesn’t leak a drop. Only problem I had was the recoil spring broke (I think one of my boys flooded it and pulled the stew out of it) so we had to wrap a rope around the flywheel.

Wow!!! What a postcard setting...I’ll bet that was a great trip!

It was a good trip. Kind of out of the way but we only saw 6 other boats all day Saturday.

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with this. Love seeing those old girls get a makeover. Love the simplicity. Looks great. Hope it gives you years of memories and lotsa fish over the gunnels!

Thanks. Its like a time machine. Putt putting along with that old motor takes you back to simpler times.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

It is pretty easy now to clean up old outboards too.
I bought a used Honda and found some Honda paint and new decals. Now it looks like a new motor again.
It is good to have a trailer. Then everything is ready to go.
I use a trailer even for canoes.

Wont be needing a trailer. It will ride on top of my 16' Naden. The Junk's purpose is to be a second boat on fishing trips with my 3 boys.

Wont be needing a trailer. It will ride on top of my 16' Naden. The Junk's purpose is to be a second boat on fishing trips with my 3 boys.

Old thread, but I think you should change the referral name of the boat. Not Junk, but "Survivor."

Really a pleasant thread to go through. Hope all has been safe for you and the boys.