One man’s junk...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your title reminded me of a lyric from the Grateful Dead: "One Man Gathers What Another Man Spills."

Nice job on "The Junk."

I couldn't find much on the history of my build(V-Boat to Flats Skiff Conversion, posted in October), but my Super Chief 14 was built by Blue Star Boats in 1958, in Miami, OK. They must have been aircraft builders, as it's riveted together with thousands of hand-bucked rivets. I cut through a couple of seams, and the dum-dum sealant in the seams was still pliable, after 62 years! Yours is perfect for its intended use. Enjoy and be proud. I get asked about my boat all the time at boat ramps.

TexasJim in Rockport, on the Texas Riviera!

I hope it's a survivor. As much as I liked how this boat looked, it didn't suit my needs and I moved it down the road. A great one person or two smaller person boat but not for two 225lb plus men and gear. I traded it to my friend for the boat next to it in the beached picture. A larger and much more stable 12ft Harber Craft. Hope to pretty it up as soon as I get caught up with other projects.

Nice restoration. Thx for bringing up an old thread I hadn't seen.

We have the 10' version of this boat. While its had a 10hp on it in years past (max rating), and was allot of fun, today it is mainly just a row boat and holds the tarp above another boat, during the winter months. Basicly, just like how you trailered yours, 2x4's across.

Latest posts