One of my Hobbies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigwrench

Reaction score
It looks like there are some cool hobbies floating around the site !
Over the years I have had many different "Hobbies/Interests", most have only lasted 3-5 years. Usually I find something else I am more passionate about and need money so I start selling the other stuff to finance my newest interest LOL
Lets see there was Pocket Knives, Lighters, hats, Belt Buckles, Stamps, Sports Cards, wrenching on old hot rods and coins just to name a few. Nowadays I only have a few that remain. Of course collecting tools has always been a "Hobby" since it goes along with Wrenching which after 28 years is no longer fun but a Job and at this point I'm just waiting on retirement :)
I guess my main interest that has lasted more years than any of the others is Playing and Collecting Clawhammer Banjos. I even broke away from that awhile to make A "Sub Category" of restoring these 100+ year old Banjos, which then turned into "woodworking" in general My Wife swears its a sickness LOL and sometimes I have to agree with her :)
Hopefully the fishing and boating bug will hang around for many more years but here's just a few of my collection , some remain and some are long gone
185640_10150145172640295_6319409_n.jpg
I still have 5-6 Playable Banjos and 1 Guitar I cant seem to part with but like all the other hobbies this one has been on the back burner for far too long now while I work out this fishing and boating bug lol
At one time I had 16 Banjos !!!
I hope everyone has their "Happy Spot" and finds peace and comfort in something that has been as enjoyable to me over the years .
The one common factor that all these interests have is ...they cost money !!!
Soon it will be time to start hammering out some old fiddle tunes again as the weather turns cold as I prefer to fish on the fair weather days. But you can bet in the back of my mind will be Big Old Girls Blowing up on my Top Water frog at Guntersville :)
Lets just hope I can get this Tin Boat project done before the urge hits me to try something else :)

I understand your addictions as I collect, repair, build and play about anything with strings.my downstairs looks like a cross between a music store ,a workshop , and a fishing tackle shop .

Good to see other Musicians on here.
My little collection.

Attachments

• 1452521_10202035454680704_395300428_n.jpg
    1452521_10202035454680704_395300428_n.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 5,481
Y'all laugh about banjo music....but I've actually met one of the villains from the movie "Deliverance"

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_0984.JPG

Went up to his 77th birthday party back in August of this year. He lives up near Maggie Valley, and is quite an interesting character. And no, he's nothing like the part he played on the movie, he's as good as the day is long, just good old mountain folk.

Latest posts