Pedestal Seat Install on a Tracker 1542

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarrollB

Reaction score
I had back issues last summer from lifting something I shouldn't have, my boat trailer, and missed the last half of the fishing season. I figured it would be less strain on my back if I could sit down more when fishing in the local rivers and ponds. I had a seat already but it was difficult to cast from since it was so low, so I researched pedestals. I settled on a Wise 8WP21-18S Adjustable Boat Seat Pedestal with an adjustment of 12" - 18". I cut a hole in the back of my boat seat so I could through-bolt the seat and added a backing plate for additional support. Cutting the hole was easy, but digging out enough foam to reach the bolts were the seat would be bolted was a major pain in the butt. I spent over 3-4 hours digging out the foam. I made a backing plate slightly larger than the pedestal base from a piece of scrap 1/4 inch aluminum. After installation I fastened the piece of aluminum back on the seat to cover the hole I had cut. I'm happy with the end result and like the Wise pedestal as it swivels and is sturdy. I weigh 165 and the pedestal is sturdy enough, but I'm not sure this installation would work for some 190 pounds plus. The aluminum seat the pedestal is mounted to loses some rigidity when you remove the foam. I've used the boat once since installation and it helps to be able to sit to down for 3-4 hours while casting. If I did this again I would either cut the access port in the front of the boat seat so I wouldn't have to work around my motor, or else through-bolt the seat to 3/4 inch marine plywood and attach the plywood to the top on the seat in my boat to save the aggravation of digging out the foam.

Attachments

• hole to remove foam.jpg
    hole to remove foam.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 355
  • original seat.jpg
    original seat.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 355
  • pedestal.jpg
    pedestal.jpg
    667.2 KB · Views: 355

Latest posts