Plumbing fuel line from tank to motor

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTerp

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Wanting to get rid of the quick connects on my fuel line for my 1994 Johnson 50/35 jet. I always seem to end up with issues with the quick connects. I've replaced probably 3 sets of them in 5 years. Yesterday I had some issues starting and I realized my bulb on my fuel line wasn't very firm. When I squeezed the buld it seemed like I was getting some air either from the line itself, the quick connects, or the fuel tank fitting. Need to investigate further, but my guess is the quick connects. Once she was starting and running there are zero issues, meaning the fuel pump is good. So it's got to be the line, quick connects or tank fitting. Either way I think that plumbing my line directly from the tank to the motor without quick connects will fix my issue. What's the best way to go about doing this?

On the tank side I would do an Attwood splash free connector, or a Nissan/ tohatsu style.. or plumb it direct with a 1/4" npt.
The motor side is a little more difficult, you would either have to make some sort of mounting plate or have a length of hose hanging out of the motor and use the connector of your choice. I like the connector on my Mercury ( made by tohatsu) because it's a metal connector similar to an air line for an air tool.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

...after several connectors I finally came to an answer. If ya don't care about internal shutoffs take a Delta faucet supply connector...a Delta lavatory extension..which has a 3/8" male and female fitting...and cut off the crimp and remove the end fittings. They make a great fitting for this and will never leak. They cost me 3.50$.

I will never use anything else ever...

Latest posts