Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kemical said:
FishnFlorida said:
Down in the Kissimmee, Bartow area. Also some lakes and rivers in Hillsborough County. :D

ahh we're neighbors, i live in hillsborough also...i fish:(fresh water) lake roger, bird lake,
(salt water) fishing lately.. skyway pier, causeway, and gandy bridge..

Sweet! I just got back from fishing the Skyway. Have you ever fished Lake Walk-in-the-Water? That's where I fish the most. :)

FishnFlorida said:
kemical said:
FishnFlorida said:
Down in the Kissimmee, Bartow area. Also some lakes and rivers in Hillsborough County. :D

ahh we're neighbors, i live in hillsborough also...i fish:(fresh water) lake roger, bird lake,
(salt water) fishing lately.. skyway pier, causeway, and gandy bridge..

Sweet! I just got back from fishing the Skyway. Have you ever fished Lake Walk-in-the-Water? That's where I fish the most. :)

naw where is that place??

Wanna see a real shiny tin rig! The boat (2003 Tracker PT185) in the pic below belongs to a fella at another site (Jim you're a member there :) ). The owner cleaned his hull and then treated it with a product called "Sharkhide". He said it took awhile, but has been shiny like that for a long time once it's treated with the product:

normal_Tee_s_rig.JPG

Here's the link to the Sharkhide product: https://www.sharkhidemarinesales.com/

Did he do it on the trailer or did he have to take it off to get it to shine like that? I've heard some great stuff about that shark hide. Might just try it on my boat too.

Andy,

I'm pretty sure he did it while it was on the trailer, and did most of the hull with the exception of the water-bearing botom surfaces. I know he said it took awhile and lots of rags and elbow grease to clean the hull before he applied the Sharkhide.

mr.fish said:
Aint much to look at, but there it is. Its a 14ft jon, that me and the old man owned for about 7yrs now. We store it at a local resovoir, and works out well for prowling in and out of the coves of Green Lane. Last trip out, I managed to snap a few pics of the tinboat

Hey man, how's GL these days? I haven't been there in YEARS! Got a ten-footer, but don't want to have quarantine it there.

I'm in Ambler, btw.

Towmotor

may7.jpg

Boat: 1979 Lund Guide Series 315 / Fiberglass and Aluminum
Motor: 1986 Evinrude 28 SPL (boat is rated up to a 40)
Electronics and Random specs: MinnKota Powerdrive 55 w/ universal sonar, two locators both of which are Garmin Fish Finder 240's.

june109%7E0.jpg

I approve of my $600 ebay purchase and all of the hours of work that was put into it.

Here's my image gallery for the work I did: https://fishing-headquarters.com/galleries/thumbnails.php?album=43

Here is my new boat. I would have liked to do the modifications myself, but this came along for the right price. :mrgreen: The seller said it was a 1970 Lonestar; it is a 14' v-hull. The motor is a 1978? 25hp Evinrude. The fit and finish isn't perfect, but it is very functional. I need to finish setting up the bilge pump, and fix the bow roller. Here are the pictures, I had to erase the messy garage :lol:

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

My first boat, gonna redo with alot of help this winter to make it a fishing/ducking machine
1988 16 x 68 landau with a 96 15horse evinrude

Attachments

• 1213924561_199_FT0_boat2_.jpg
    1213924561_199_FT0_boat2_.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,872
$40.00 for a non-leaking 12 footer is a great deal. The bright side of not having a motor is you can match the propulsion source to your style of fishing. Plus with a 12 footer you can add wheels to the back or make a little cart and drag it from your truck (hope you have a truck) to the water.

Latest posts