Post a Pic of your...trailer?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we have a "Post a Pic of your...trailer?" thread?

• Yes, having a "Post a Pic of your...trailer?" thread would add to the awesome funkyness which is pos

Votes: 112 97.4%
  • No, Azekologi...you're nuts! A "Post a Pic of your...trailer?" thread would be too left-field, even

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
My favorite trailer mod to date:

img_0267.jpg

Here's mine, before and after. Paid $300 for the "before" which, in hindsight, was way too much.

IMG_1699.JPG

Invested another $400 into it on the rebuild.

IMG_1795.JPG

Here's a link to the full rebuild thread - https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=13166

Good thread Azekologi. Looks like your boat and mine are just about identically made except mine is a 16 footer. It's a 1971 Ouachita 16DSV model. I'll get some pictures of my trailer posted soon. My trailer was "Battleship Gray" many years ago, but the elements have taken their toll. I will be repainting soon, and may go with a match to the new color for the boat, which is Ford blue. Here's all I have now:

By the way...what size tires and wheels do you have? They look wide for their height.

Attachments

• Before on trailer.JPG
    Before on trailer.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 9,789
flatboat said:
i saw this in ws., wonder what kind of launch would need that sort of mod to a trailer.

I bet that is used for some really steep drop off, maybe like to get over some rocks, the wheels can take the abuse and keep the rest above the danger zone and nothing will get caught up. I wish I had something like that, then I could launch anywhere ! lol. For a second it looked like it had air lift shocks to lower and raise the thing.

1st picture is when I got the boat and trailer.

2nd picture is when the trailer was almost completed.

Attachments

• almost done.jpg
    almost done.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 9,713
  • trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9,713
I wanted to make my trailer more user friendly for unloading in shallow water. I added rollers, Side guides that stick up so can see trailer behind my pickup & help guide boat on, built a walking ramp out of old set of running boards. I also to reduce rock chips diamond plated around outsides of frame. On top of guides I installed small LED lights. If notice also trailer splits where tongue attaches in middle to drop back down for shallow water loading. You can see locking pin and key hanging on small chain in second picture.
Other thing you see in third picture is a eye bolt on back left side of trailer. I use this for unloading where there is no dock. Where there maybe deeper water.
I have heavy rope cut length about 1' longer then boat with quick snaps at end end. Just before I back into water, I hook to eye bolt & other end on eye bolt at front of boat. I back up til boat floats, hit bakes boat floats back, drive ahead slowly pull boat up to shore, & unhook from trailer. Pretty quick & easy when one is alone.
0821100812.jpg
0821100813.jpg
0821100813a.jpg
IMG_46231.jpg

I also installed diamond plate on fenders & built enclosure to install LED lighting
0858583a23b9_6b7819b9-f2c9-4181-a1a7-d27264e660b31.jpg

Got tired of lic plate breaking off unloading in shallow water, so got truck mud flap, cut it to fit plate, and mounted it on to plate bracket.
Photo0772.jpg

Used extra to make small mud flats for each side.
Photo0782.jpg

Hey ya'll,

Glad to see that the "Post a Pic of your Trailer" thread is taking off. I've always had a weird fetish for trailers since I was a young lad (I attribute it to many cool HotWheels and MatchBox toys).

I also think it's a good place for all of us to see what cool mods that like-minded buddies have done to their boat haulers.

Kudos!

Ringo Steele said:
By the way...what size tires and wheels do you have? They look wide for their height.

Ringo, sorry for the late reply, I just noticed your post/question.

The tires are 8" x 18.5". Basically they're just like golf cart tires with a much greater load capacity; 940lbs. I think they're a heck of a lot better than the skinny 8" Harbor Freight ones, but I would prefer a full-size car tire; 13"-16".

I think my trailer has enough room under the fenders for larger tires, but these are solid and I have other "boat projects". Maybe they'll get changed out when I restore/rebuild the trailer in a few years.

This is the best one I have right now..
2004 load rite bandit galvanized.
Running 12 x 4.8 tires with bearing buddies
Less than 30 miles on this trailer!

Attachments

• Photo2226.JPG
    Photo2226.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 8,955
Stock picture of my trailer from when I bought it...lol

Jeff

Attachments

• trailer.jpg
    trailer.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 8,922
I picked up this trailer late fall/early winter. The 13" tires had dry rot so I put new tires on it. The bunks need new covering and the winch mount (welded to the tongue) was too far back for my new boat project so I ground it off and welded it on farther forward. So I've got some work to do on it before the new paint, but I thought it was a pretty good deal for $60.

DSC00208.jpg

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

DSC00207.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

Is there any way we can make this a "sticky" since the majority seems to want to see your trailer pics?

(And I don't have to keep shamelessly bumping it to keep in up top.) :mrgreen:

Found the forum after I tore down the trailer. New guides out of 3/4 rigid conduit, will throw some PVC on it and mount my lights on top. Paint, New bunks and new Tongue. Tongue that was on it was bent and a bit short. This forum has saved me a couple of humbling phone calls to my Dad. Thanksguides.jpgTongue.jpgTrailer.jpg

Latest posts