Question about Ouachita boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Outdoorsman

Reaction score
Ok, I came across a 14' Ouachita boat today. Price is reasonable ($500) and the only downfall is that its basically a 3hr drive away. :( But its only paper and petroleum im buring up right?! :lol: Anyways, my concern is that I would like to deck this out if I bought it, my question is with the interior part along the sides, he says its filled with foam. Looking at it in the pic, if I put 1/2" plywood and carpet, it would be right at the top of the sides or over which I dont want because I dont want stuff accidently being kicked into the water. Can these be cut down to accomedate the casting decks? Is it just an illusion in the pic and I actually have enough room to put plywood there?? Of all the other Ouachita's I've seen on here, none had this look on the inside. :?

Attachments

• Ouachita boat 14'.jpg
    Ouachita boat 14'.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 6,305
I'm trying to find one like that for my dad, he likes sitting down in the boat rather than up high on a deck. There is a mod on this site where a guy really went all out fixing up that same model boat. Just do a search for Ouachita a lot will come up but you should get some ideas.

This is the one I was thinking about. He didn't really deck it, but he sure did a great job with it.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10952&hilit=quachita

i have a 15 foot ouachita that i decked out in the front i added 4 feet so it a total of 6 feet ill post pics soon as i can figure out how to :)

buy it if u can best lake boat u can buy in my opinion heres a picture of mine im curently in the process of repainting it thats why there isnt any seats in it
thisone.jpg

Do either of you have the original capacity plate for your boat? I have the same boat however my plate is long gone and in Alabama I have to have one. If you do could you give me the specs on your so I can order a new one?

Thanks in advance!

i cant say i still have mine i dont think unless its up under the casting deck ill check next time im crawling around under there