Real ID

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDUBS

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Just been reading that Real ID has been delayed another two years to May 2025. I can kind of understand another delay because of all the DMV office shut downs during covid. But still, it has been 17 years since passed.

Just another shining example of governmental inefficiency. Make a law that we're all required to comply with, but they are unable to administer.

Our tax dollars at thier finest.....Roger

Just another shining example of governmental inefficiency. Make a law that we're all required to comply with, but they are unable to administer.

Our tax dollars at thier finest.....Roger

Yup. Seems at least some of the delay was states bucking the Fed law on this one.

I don't want to be anywhere near an airport when this is finally implemented. I imagine it will be a zoo.

Best reason to learn to fly yourself. I love flying, I dislike what airports have become and all the hoops one has to jump through to fly commercially.

Agree with you both.
Story time.....I'll try to keep it short. National guard days....Got deployed to Egypt on a peacekeeping mission. Came home in Late January, plane got rerouted for a layover in Des Moines due to snow in Waterloo.
Now, understand....we're in a charter plane, ALL military folks, and we're carrying our automatic weapons with us on board. A batch of us step out of the terminal to have a smoke...no biggie, right? Coming back in, we had to remove our boots and empty our pockets. MILITARY personnel, IN UNIFORM! I turned to look at my brigade commander, and he just shook his head "no" at me. Yeah.....he knew exactly what I was thinking, and how close I was to telling that TSA asshat where to stuff it.

To this day I WILL NOT fly commercially. As far as I'm concerned, commercial aviation can go bankrupt for what they're doing.

Just another grumpy, old, opinionated S.O.B......Roger

Holy cow. I'm a firm believer in following the rules, but sometimes common sense has to come into play.

Places I go I have no choice but to use commercial airlines. It has definitely become more of a PITA than it was back in the good old days.

Latest posts