Rhino 15 Tunnel Hull

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creekchub

Reaction score
Does anyone have any feedback on the 15 foot rhino tunnel hull with jet outboard and stick steer?

I seen a video and the boat ran great with one person but rode bow high with a second person added

Thanks

I never heard of Rhino, so you made me look. ;)

They have a rather unique contruction, using allot of box tubing. Construction Bob used allot of box tubing in his build: Bob's Tunnel Build

As far as riding bow high, it is typical of jets that want more weight toward the bow. It is riding somewhat high with even one person, but maybe just because he is going in circles on a pond, and always getting on and off the throttle. Hard to tell.

The tunnel is a bit unique too. Rhino Tunnel
Typically, the tunnel will have a shallow angle of entry, vs the very abrubt entry on the Rhino.

Attachments

• RhinoTunnelCapture.JPG
    RhinoTunnelCapture.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
My Lowe tunnel is a bit shallower and the boat did run bow high and porpoise at certain speeds until I added the transom wedges to get the motor tucked in more which helped a lot. That Rhino looks more like a prop tunnel which is usually a bit deeper.

Lowe_tunnel2.jpg

I don't like that tunnel. I have boats built for me with my tunnel design. My tunnels are 14" wide and taper from 0 at the front to 5" in the back and I have the tunnel extended past the transom 12". I cut back the extension to clear the motor after installation. Usually 5-7" left. For length I specify 42" from the transom forward below 115/80. For 115 to 150 48" and 60" beyond that.

Latest posts