Save the Chesapeake Bay’s most vital fish ... & no, it’s not a striper!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Save the lowly pogie!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-1219-menhaden-moratorium-20191218-rt5phwyu6zeazo2k7cc27ee5ga-story.html?fbclid=IwAR2BI21xGpvIZgP__HqJqOqOGoan7P2YMMEEqRw7QJQ6OQzYX4nNTMtswUA

In the article it says a striper is also known as a rockfish. I've never heard a striper called that before. We have what are generically called rockfish that have nothing in common with striped bass. Must be a regional thing. Or, I've led a very sheltered life.

Anyway, that company doesn't seem to really care about the reg's or keeping the fishery healthy.

LDUBS said:
In the article it says a striper is also known as a rockfish. I've never heard a striper called that before. We have what are generically called rockfish that have nothing in common with striped bass. Must be a regional thing. Or, I've led a very sheltered life.
It is a ‘regional’ name for sure, as up in Mass we don’t call them that.

Omega is only interested in one thing - $$$$$$!

Down here along the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia, there known as Rockfish. The tasty size (24") pretty much hang around all season. This time of the year, the Big ones come into the bay. Watch the birds, and drop the down riggers ......

20211016_230205.jpg

Latest posts