SeaArk 2072 Console relocation

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dearl

Reaction score
Got another Big 2072 in the shop, Customer wants the side console removed and a new center console located on the front deck. New switch panel, fuse block, Binnacle controls and all new rigging. Started on it last night, got it ready to take the floor up. I'm hoping there's nothing stupid going on under there, I hope to have this one gone by Wednesday next week, I need to get back on my jet boat.

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0388.JPG

So much for wishful thinking, Had to take the front deck extension off to get the floor up, fuel cell is mounted to the floor so I had to cut the floor section on the last stringer before the fuel cell to get it out. It will be under the deck so no worries. Got the 50 gallon live well out, all the rigging will go under it. The wiring is a mess on this thing, Boat had originally been wired with command link, which is great, it keeps the communication between the motor/controls/ gauges/ key switch simple but all the accessories will be re-wired.. Hoping to make some head way on it from now thru Sunday, I gotta move it out next week, a lot going on and I need to get back on my Jet boat, we got a Tournament to fish March 25th.

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0391.JPG

IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

Got a little done to the SeaArk over the weekend. All the riggings is in and pulled to the front, console had a bunch of useless holes in it, got all those fixed, got all the new holes cut for the controls and key switch. Had to build a new pedestal for the controls, they were hitting the console at full throttle. Going to reinstall the live well and hopefully get the console mounted tonight. I want to deliver this thing by Thursday.

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

Ok managed to get the console mounted, controls, key switch, Tachometer and steering helm installed. Motor fired right up. Now to get the new fuse block and switch panel installed, re-install the windshield and grab rail, then we take her out for a ride. I look for this boat to run a little faster than the last, surprisingly this boat seems lighter than the last SeaArk I did. Owner said she'd do 30 -31 WOT I'm guessing it will probably pick up 1-2 mph after the Mods.

IMG_0427.JPG

I thought about mounting my center console on the deck like that but I didn't want to lose the deck room for relaxing in a beach chair :mrgreen: so I mounted it just behind the deck. Did you have to cut down the center console so it didn't stand as tall? I would have had to do that to keep it at the right height. Looks like a good setup with the center console up front.

JL8Jeff said:
I thought about mounting my center console on the deck like that but I didn't want to lose the deck room for relaxing in a beach chair :mrgreen: so I mounted it just behind the deck. Did you have to cut down the center console so it didn't stand as tall? I would have had to do that to keep it at the right height. Looks like a good setup with the center console up front.

I did cut the console down 7" to accommodate the height difference. The console I used came from an older SeaArk, but it was in decent shape. He still has a ton of deck space with the 2' deck extension over the fuel cell, good thing to cause he's a big ole boy. I have done a lot of forward consoles In the last 2 years, all have been on Jet outboard boats. The local water ways around here have lots of shallow rock shoals that these guys have to navigate, makes it easy to see where your going up there.

DPI said:
Impressive work to say the least. What setup do you use to weld aluminum?

Thanks, For structural welding I normally use a Miller 250 amp spool gun, but for what I call "pretty work" that's exposed i'll break out the Miller Diversion Tig. I mostly use the spool gun because its faster, but if asked to build float Pods or a console, I'll use the tig rig.

Just about finished, got the wiring finished up, switch's installed, fuse block mounted, just need to clean up the wiring, mount the ram for the 1197, attach the windshield and grab rail re-install the live well and she's done. Planning her test run Tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

richg99 said:
I hate to ask, but what is the approximate cost of doing such extensive renovations?? Must have been a ton. Probably more than my new 1652 hull.

richg99

Hey Rich,

Its not too bad, certainly not the price of a new hull, It all depends on exactly what the customer wants to do with his boat. This job in particular, the parts alone were $1000.00 and that's using original Yamaha equipment. My labor was 850.00 and this guy is a good friend of mine so I cut him some slack Lol. So total his bill was 1850.00 turn around was 10 days.

The last Big Job I did was expensive, but the guy practically has a new boat. He dumped 3900.00 in his rig and it took me a Month. Some guys around here say I'm to expensive, but attention to detail is my way, I wont do anything half way. I've never had to do "warranty work" and I stay busy all the time so I guess its all In what you want to pay for.

Finished her up last night, Suppose to meet him this evening to take it on a water test, I'll try to get some on the water shots this evening.

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0438.JPG

We water tested the boat Thursday, boat run 33.5 after the mods, owner stated that's 1.5 mph faster than its ever ran. This thing has an awesome hole shot, and runs real smooth. Wind was blowing 19mph so I was busy holding on, no shots on the water, owner was really happy with the results.

Latest posts