• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Boat For Sale Selling my 1957 Nelson 18' aluminum beauty

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks. I've decided that my spine won't allow me to go further with my restoration for this boat. Kind of ashamed at letting it go, but I hope to find someone who will give it the love that it deserves. The hull/steering/cabin is great but could use polishing. The seats are original (weathered) wood. The deck is oil stained plywood. Needs a simple drop-in replacement. The engine is a 1990 Yamaha 85hp 2 stroke-runs well. Beautiful one-off boat for someone who will treasure it. I'm in California, but I would do some driving ( 800 mi or so) to do a handoff to a willing buyer. I'm not sure about the price. I don't need a profit, even a small loss is ok. I bought it for $8000, put in more for a sunbrella cover, a new steering system, other minor items. If someone is interested, lets talk. I want this to go to a person who will value it. I will also throw in a 1958 35 hp Johnson Super Seahorse (garage find that should run well, but absolutely needs seals, points, condenser etc). The 35 Johnson should run this at around 25 knots since the boat is pretty light. This boat gets a lot of looks and conversations at the Santa Barbara Harbor ramps. I'm at [email protected]. I could send a video of the engine running if anyone wants to see it. All the best to you folks. Bruce

Attachments

• image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20221217_131629767_HDR (3).jpg
    IMG_20221217_131629767_HDR (3).jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 7
Thanks guys. It's pretty fun, solid in fairly calm conditions, but it's really a fresh water boat and there isn't much of that around here. I bought it from a guy in Montana who said he had it under a tarp for a couple of decades.

Hi folks. I've decided that my spine won't allow me to go further with my restoration for this boat. Kind of ashamed at letting it go, but I hope to find someone who will give it the love that it deserves. The hull/steering/cabin is great but could use polishing. The seats are original (weathered) wood. The deck is oil stained plywood. Needs a simple drop-in replacement. The engine is a 1990 Yamaha 85hp 2 stroke-runs well. Beautiful one-off boat for someone who will treasure it. I'm in California, but I would do some driving ( 800 mi or so) to do a handoff to a willing buyer. I'm not sure about the price. I don't need a profit, even a small loss is ok. I bought it for $8000, put in more for a sunbrella cover, a new steering system, other minor items. If someone is interested, lets talk. I want this to go to a person who will value it. I will also throw in a 1958 35 hp Johnson Super Seahorse (garage find that should run well, but absolutely needs seals, points, condenser etc). The 35 Johnson should run this at around 25 knots since the boat is pretty light. This boat gets a lot of looks and conversations at the Santa Barbara Harbor ramps. I'm at [email protected]. I could send a video of the engine running if anyone wants to see it. All the best to you folks. Bruce
WOW!!

Latest posts