Side braces...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blankenship

Reaction score
Just had someone repair some broken welds on my 12ft Gregor, where the bottom of the aluminum seat supports meets the bottom of the boat, and I'd like to stabilize them a bit so it doesn't happen again.

I've Googled every phrase I can imagine to describe the little side braces that go from the seat top to the boat sides/gunnels in hopes this is an easy part to purchase, but can't find what I'm looking for.

Pic attached (not my boat, but you get the idea). Help anyone?
00Z0Z_9ye6LwQlBU9z_0t20CI_1200x900.jpeg

I don’t think you can purchase a brace like that. It would have to be made for your individual boat. 1/8” aluminum flat stock would be where I would start. Find a local welding shop if you don’t have a friend with a welder. Shouldn’t cot too much

Sounds like you want something that looks like the pic below (this is CE SMITH aluminum bracket for tandem axle trailer fenders). While I don't really understand heating and bending aluminum, seems like it would be easy to fabricate. Maybe rivet to the hull/gunnel and screw into the wood seat.

bracket.png

You probably have a sheetmetal fabrication shop some where near you, they should be able to bend what you need if you cant do it on your own. Aluminum is easy to bend and shape. Some rivets or SS screws to hold them in place. As long as your not around salt water you wont have any electrollis issues

Latest posts