small/light starting battery options for engine/sonar/lights?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those who buy EVa's and charge them in their garage are seeing healthy increases in home insurance...those that were flooded by saltwater from the n hurricane just ignite from the corrosion of the saltwater. Lipos are great when used correctly, but no room for any error!!
doesnt have to be saltwater. just stall in a mudhole and wait awhile.

I know some folks with electric vehicles that are charged at home. One has two Teslas. There was no impact to their HO premiums. This may be one of those "internet facts" that never really happened. At least not yet.
Wait until there home insurance is renewed, most companies dont change rates until renewal time. Also they must be charging them inside the garage or structure. Just renewed my home ins and one of the first questions ask was if I owned an EV and an inhome charging station? The auto ins as well will increase, know of two families that bought EV's and were quit surprised how much their auto ins increased!! A numbervofvstates are currently creating extra taxes to levy on EV's to make up for lost road taxes from not buying gasoline....

Wait until there home insurance is renewed, most companies dont change rates until renewal time. Also they must be charging them inside the garage or structure. Just renewed my home ins and one of the first questions ask was if I owned an EV and an inhome charging station? The auto ins as well will increase, know of two families that bought EV's and were quit surprised how much their auto ins increased!! A numbervofvstates are currently creating extra taxes to levy on EV's to make up for lost road taxes from not buying gasoline....

The fact the question is there for a HO policy renewal is interesting. I thank you for sharing that. I wonder if they are looking to increase limits because of the charging station or if it will become an underwriting concern.

I'm not surprised the personal auto premium is higher. I suspect higher repair costs for EVs are driving that. BTW, my state has already started the DMV surcharge for elect cars to offset the gaso tax revenue losses. As someone who pays tax at the pump, I'm OK with EV owners paying their fair share.

The fact the question is there for a HO policy renewal is interesting. I thank you for sharing that. I wonder if they are looking to increase limits because of the charging station or if it will become an underwriting concern.

I'm not surprised the personal auto premium is higher. I suspect higher repair costs for EVs are driving that. BTW, my state has already started the DMV surcharge for elect cars to offset the gaso tax revenue losses. As someone who pays tax at the pump, I'm OK with EV owners paying their fair share.
I dont have a problem having them pay their share either, however, anyone else notice there has been no mention of this while trying to sell them, just the sneaky comming at you behind your back when you arent expecting it....
Same as the charging system needed, many EV's give you a standard charging system when you buy the vehicle, but that one is very slow. The good fast chargers that you really need can cost over 4K to have them installed !!

There is a great deal of misinformation about lithium batteries in this thread. Marine lithium batteries are LIFePO 4 and are are lithum phosphate batteries that are not subject to the same problems as lithium polymer and lithium cobalt batteries. They are different batteries than used in EV cars. They do not explode in saltwater. They do no catch fire. They are sealed. If there are confirmed reports of a LIFePO 4 battery exploding or catching fire, please post a link. If you are considering a lithium battery, please do your research.

I have some of the original LIFEPO4 made by Black & Decker tools 50+ ?? years ago When they have died............ They................NEVER..........cause any heat , fire or smoke. They simply stop working.

The web ......ALLOWS ........anybody to post CRAP INTELLIGENCE statements.. You have to call the company of the batteries. Hopefully they really have the correct answers. Not just salespeople telling lies.

Last edited:

Latest posts