So Close! What to do?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey airshot what do self centering rollers look like? This is all new to me, but I'm about ready to make some improvements to my trailer and still on the fence with what to do. I'm also not clear how to attach posts to side bunks. Think I've dug up everything I need to fab up some posts, but this pivoting in the wind thing has me wondering now. I just want the boat to motor up onto the trailer straight and far enough to where I can step out onto the tongue. I don't mind getting wet, but would like to have the option not to!

Look up keel rollers ( got mine on Amazon). You will see deep V rollers and some self centering rollers. Do not use the black rubber, spend the few extra bucks and get the yellow/orange see thru type, much better quality and wont flat spot. Depending on your hull type chose thevroller that suits it best. My boat is a modified V so I use the deep V rollers, if tour hull is flatter with just a keel in the center, then the flater, self centering roller might be better. Mount on a cross member forward of the side guides closer to the winch, I use two on my 16' V bottom. One is back about 2-3 feet from winch and the other is about 8 ft back. The rear of my trailer has a set of bunk rollers that pivot. The side guides keep the boat centered then the furthest b. ack roller grabs the V and continues to keep it centered even in side wind as long as it is not a hurricane. If all the rollers turn free, you will be at your bow stop in seconds. I just reach over and snap the winch hook ( be sure the rachet us locked so you dont roll off backwards) shut off the motor, tilt up and step off onto the dock. Or if no dock then climb over the front onto the tongue. Hope this helps.

Hey airshot what do self centering rollers look like? This is all new to me, but I'm about ready to make some improvements to my trailer and still on the fence with what to do. I'm also not clear how to attach posts to side bunks. Think I've dug up everything I need to fab up some posts, but this pivoting in the wind thing has me wondering now. I just want the boat to motor up onto the trailer straight and far enough to where I can step out onto the tongue. I don't mind getting wet, but would like to have the option not to!
On my side guides I just used a couple U bolts to attach some PVC pipe the the square metal uprights in case I were to back into deep water. In my area most ramps are shallow so the pvc pipes are more for show than actual use. But they do help when loading in the dark, easy to see the white pipe rather that black side guides..

Just sold my Sea Nymph to a nice guy who drove up from Norfolk with his wife. I hope he gets a lot of use out of that boat. Here is a picture from the last time I took it out a couple weeks ago.

6z4yPGa.jpg

Latest posts