• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Starcraft Fishing 16’ Skiff, 60hp OB Motor - all systems NEW

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Up for sale is a 1997 Starcraft Fish Master 160SC model that was fully restored to be as good as new!

Condition = Excellent
Length (LOA) = 16’
Deadrise = 16-degrees
Make / manufacturer = Starcraft
Model name/number = Fish Master 160SC
Power = Outboard, 1996 OMC 60hp with electric start and trim/tilt
Year manufactured = 1997 (All systems NEW since 2015)

This aluminum skiff has the raised bow portion with two large storage bins. One was a livewell that I converted to storage, but the hoses are in the hull to convert back to a livewell if desired. A trolling motor can be added to the flat panel on the bow. The cockpit has a marine vinyl-covered floor with side steering console and 2 seats, then the raised rear seat to the splashwell, when moving back towards the stern.

Unlike other boats in this size, this V-hull has 16-degrees of deadrise giving a smooth ride in choppy seas and when crossing boat wakes. It is beamy enough to be incredibly stable and the 60hp motor moves it right along! The capacity rating is for 6 people. The hull bottom was zinc-chromate primed, then coated in epoxy (Steel-Flex) on the rivets and painted with special, expen$ive bottom paint made for aluminum boats.

NEW in 2016 - New ceramic composite transom, never worry about wood in a boat again! The entire boat was gone through and every gauge, switch, LED cockpit light, automatic bilge pump, bilge & fuel hoses, engine controls, control cables, fuel lines and wiring were replaced with ALL NEW systems. On the dash there is a tachometer, trim-tilt and water pressure gauge. On top of the helm is a 2016 model color Humminbird fishfinder and Northstar GPS/plotter running C-Map charts. New Scotty-brand rod holders are installed too. A small safety boarding ladder is affixed to the stern too.

The boat is carried on a nice galvanized trailer that had new rims and new tires in 2017 and was serviced at Perley's Marina for the wheel bearings that year too. This trailer is only used TWICE per season – once in and once out, where it is stored up on blocks when not in use, to protect the axle & bearings; where the tires are also covered to protect against UV damage.

NEW in 2017 – New bimini top in bright blue Sunbrella color, new bow & stern navigation lights and new AM-FM stereo with speakers installed in a water-resistant housing.

NEW in 2018 - New livewell pump & wiring, new aluminum frame for the bimini top, new cushioned seats & seat bases and new no-feedback cable steering for the motor. Added a portable 22-gallon livewell. The original engine was upgraded from the original 40hp to the maximum hull-rated 60hp Johnson motor with power trim-tilt and electric start. It had a full waterpump, impeller and thermostat service in 2017 and is equipped with a Racor fuel-water separating filter. It wears a new 4-blade performance prop by Turning Point propellers.

Other Sellers advertise their boats as turn-key, but this one truly is. Everything is ready to go for you to go boating now, nothing needs to be fixed … just add water! Selling this as I bought another boat. Serious inquiries only! The NADA book price on this is $4,200, but buy it now - towards the end of this boating season, for a price break.

Asking $3,750 but ... will give a DEAL to a Tin Boater who buys it from this ad ...

Attachments

• 4SC.jpg
    4SC.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,609
  • 3SC.jpg
    3SC.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,609
  • 2SC.jpg
    2SC.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,609
  • 1SC.jpg
    1SC.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,609
Looks like a clean boat and a buy for the right guy. Great for someone who doesn't want to start fixing things.... like so many used boats.

You might want to narrow down the location. Your Profile says New England. Even this old Texan knows that New England is kind of big. Ha Ha

rich

The boat for sale is located on northshore of Mass.

The new-to-me boat has already taken its place on my mooring. But don’t worry, I still have other ‘tin boats’ so I’ll still post here ...

Attachments

• 7E9181CE-A810-4AFE-8BDA-967FB696E694.jpeg
    7E9181CE-A810-4AFE-8BDA-967FB696E694.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,604
It's a good thing your not close to me I would be buying this the omc triples are my favorite engine and I've kind of been wanting a deep v boat for bigger waters I fish time to time like ohio river and lake monroe or when I make trips to bigger water bodies. Good deal for sure nice boat, did you do the tell tale modification to the engine to put it on top of the block?

I saw the boat first hand last weekend, it's in excellent condition as described. Going to make someone very happy for a very long time.

I wish I was in the market for one, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Nice, perfectly put together boat and best of all... IT'S A STARCRAFT!!

Good luck, if I hear of someone looking for a boat I will send them your way.

Hi Dale. My 23-yr-old son and I joined yesterday in search of a boat and some advice. We're having a bit of trouble figuring out the many functions of the site.

I don't know if this boat is still for sale or long gone. Would be interested to PM you, but I haven't figured out how to do that, either.

What's the best way to get in touch with you without subjecting the entire community to my questions about making a purchase? Can you point me to a post how to properly and politely PM a member? Better yet, would you be good enough to send me a PM, email, or what have you? -Many thanks.

boatpasture said:
Hi Dale. My 23-yr-old son and I joined yesterday in search of a boat and some advice. We're having a bit of trouble figuring out the many functions of the site.

I don't know if this boat is still for sale or long gone. Would be interested to PM you, but I haven't figured out how to do that, either.

What's the best way to get in touch with you without subjecting the entire community to my questions about making a purchase? Can you point me to a post how to properly and politely PM a member? Better yet, would you be good enough to send me a PM, email, or what have you? -Many thanks.
Sorry ... was sold ...

Boatpasture....most in-good-shape, decently priced boats sell in days.

There are many stories on the internet about a guy driving many hours to buy a boat, only to find that it was sold 15 minutes before he got there. Cash is king for quality used boats.

Now, given the virus issue...it may be that nothing is normal in the boat selling/buying world.

Good luck.

With regard to the PM question... from the FAQ "Private Messaging
I cannot send private messages!
There are three reasons for this; you are not registered and/or not logged on, the board administrator has disabled private messaging for the entire board, or the board administrator has prevented you from sending messages. Contact a board administrator for more information.
Top"

If you want to send a PM to Dale, or me, after you are properly logged in, I believe you can simply click on the picture of the poster...in the left corner, and a PM option will come up. I will double check that in a minute.

Yep, just clicking on the picture will give you an option to send a PM. Please note...some sites don't allow PMs to be sent unless the sending person has particpated for xx time, or has posted xx times. That keeps some spammers from bothering the members. I don't know if this site has similar rules, since I've been on it for years.

Got it. Beginning to get things figured out. Dale was nice enough to get back to me. Finding this to be a friendly community so far. My kid and I will do our homework here, see what we can learn, and keep on looking for the right boat.
:?

Got it. Beginning to get things figured out. Dale was nice enough to get back to me. Finding this to be a friendly community so far. My kid and I will do more homework here, see what we can learn, and keep on looking for the right boat. Thanks for comments.

boatpasture... when I buy or sell a boat, I usually make up a spreadsheet. I fill it in with every pertinent major aspect of what I am looking for.

Length, brand, width, age, motor hp, motor brand, trolling motor, batteries, price, location, etc.
Then I go on every boat selling site that I can find Craigslist, this one, Facebook Marketplace; local fishing sites, etc.
I fill in all of the data that I can get...even if the boat has been sold. That way, when I narrow my own needs down, I have an idea of what is out there, what people are asking, what condition, etc.

It makes the job easier for me.

I had my daughter make a weighted decision matrix when buying her car.

You have columns for factors such as price, condition, features, distance, in which you enter scores from 1-10.

Then next to those columns have a column with a weight multiplier, such as condition = X3; price = X2; distance = X1.

Extend the result scores to total score column.

It really helps take the emotion out of it.

Another tip is to stop shopping after you buy. There is always a better deal that pops up 2 weeks after you get your boat!

Sounds like real good advice. Wish someone had clued me in to it a couple years back when I became obsessed with antique woodworking tools and mechanical watches.

I signed on to TinBoats to get educated and have learned a sh_t-ton already. This, particularly where it comes to small outboard–––about which I have very little knowledge–––and the extensive lore about brand reliability, weight, boat-loading and shape, noise, and so on.

Our decision matrix is evolving quickly. Really want to get ourselves onto the water this season. My son and I are fly rodders and do most of our fishing wading in freshwater creeks and along the edges of smaller, freshwater rivers. But we're close to the tidal Potomac and Rappahannock Rivers and my in-laws live along the Toms River and Barnegat Bay in NJ, a 4-hour drive up I-95. We want to go after some salt and brackish water rockfish, and shad, and snakeheads for a change, and have concluded this means a super easy-to-trailer-and-launch, no-frills, pointy, aluminum outboard skiff.

BTW, ever heard of Sea Maid boats? Early 1960's. Three aluminum thwarts and a bunch of rivets. 16-feet and a 90's era, 25 hp Mercury with a tiller? Think something like this might make a good starter boat? I recognize I'm asking before I've plugged it into the schema you wisely recommend.

Latest posts