Starting project Lowe Pro - 15 / 25 HP Evinrude

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coleman

Reaction score
Sorry not to have any pictures, I will try to remedy that tonight.

Step one for me was too looking up everything I could find on the internet. This led me to this site which is far and away the very best resrource I could find and second place is WAY behind.

What should I do now? Should I draw out a design, list what I want to accomplish and draw from there?

I guess what I am asking is when y'all did your renovation how did you get started? If I could get some ideas on what NOT to do that would be appreciated very much. What do you wish you would have known BEFORE you got started?

My basic goals are: deck in the floor / create storage for my gas tank and battery system. I want to install two batteries: one for the motor and the other for the electronics (bilge pump, depth finder, trolling motor, etc.....) / Create casting deck for front of boat / build deck for stern

I am undecided about my middle bench seat. Part of me wants to take it out to open up the floor space. I am pretty sure that I do not need it for support, the ribs go up the side of the boat to within six inches of the top. But if I leave it in I could use that as bracing for the back end of the casting deck.

Thanks

Welcome. Post the pics and I am sure the suggestions will flow. Good to have another Texan on the board. Some of us on here will actually know how to pronounce "ITTLY" correctly. :D

for one, I wish I had known about this site before I started. Im not dissapointed with my results, but would have done things a little different.

is this a new to you boat?
If it is, I would take it out a couple of times (if possible at this point) so you can get a better idea of what you will want/ need. chuck all your fishing gear in it and spend the day fishing.

all the info you need is right here. lots of build pics and logs from others.

shizzy77 said:
for one, I wish I had known about this site before I started. Im not dissapointed with my results, but would have done things a little different.

is this a new to you boat?
If it is, I would take it out a couple of times (if possible at this point) so you can get a better idea of what you will want/ need. chuck all your fishing gear in it and spend the day fishing.

all the info you need is right here. lots of build pics and logs from others.

I have had this rig for a couple of years. It is watertight (amazingly since some of the places i have had it would have torn the bottom out of a Nimitz carrier :lol: ) and nothing is wrong with it other than I want to make it "better".

Latest posts