State of Illinois

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I did a quick google search.
For $118.00 you get a permanent life time plate. Trailers under 3000 pounds it goes back to $18.00.

I don't believe that's accurate. SB58 (which, among other things, brings the TA plate to $36) is what just passed at the end of session on 5/30.

What you're referencing appears to be HB5306?
The last action on that was 1/31, "session sine die".

The Illinois secretary of state's web site list the TA plate at $18.00.

I don't think they ever changed the actual price ($100 more) on their website.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

https://cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/vehicles/license_plate_guide/truck_and_trailer_plates/ta_trailer.html

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Even as broke as Illinois is I'm sure they updated that.
You're right, they did update it. With quarterly price adjustments. Still shows prices based on $118 registration fee...

Montana is about $50 for permanent trailer plates-once and done. Same with the boat, permanent registration. And no sales tax, but don’t bother moving up here! Nasty winters, just horrible, and bears, snakes and Californians!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ktoelke54 said:
Montana is about $50 for permanent trailer plates-once and done. Same with the boat, permanent registration. And no sales tax, but don’t bother moving up here! Nasty winters, just horrible, and bears, snakes and Californians!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, you should be worried. A lot of those folks that leave California because of the high cost turn right around and start to create the same issues in their new location.

I was in the secretary of state office today.
I asked what the cost to renew a TA trailer plate was. It's still $118.00.

Prices for registration have changed, but won't go into effect until 2022...

Latest posts