Suzuki or Tahatsu

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nytebyte

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Tahatsu 20 and thinking of replacing it with a new electric start model. I have had no problems with it but just getting to old or lazy to use a manual start. If you had a choice of Tahatsu or Suzuki what would you recommend. Both are about the same price. Like I said no problems with the Tahatsu but thinking a Suzuki might be worth a try.

nytebyte, I believe the Tohatsu has a 5 year or better warrantee. OOPS just read that Suzuki has now a 5 yr warranty. Also Tohatsu is less weight in comparative hp. to Suzuki. Check it out.

Last edited:
No Tahatsu dealer in my area but a Suzuki dealer not to far. That is part of why I am looking for opinions. Never a problem with the Tahatsu in the 5 years I had it but glad of that because of no dealer. I would probably buy online anyway because the dealer for the Suzuki is about 1000 more.

Have a 2016 Suzuki DF9.9BT (electric start, power trim, remote). Never had an issue, and very happy with the motor.

Manuals are easy to find, ODBM kits are inexpensive, easy to convert to 20hp, NMEA2K compatible.

Only been in the shop once, for intial 20hr service.

I would purchase again.

No Tahatsu dealer in my area but a Suzuki dealer not to far. That is part of why I am looking for opinions. Never a problem with the Tahatsu in the 5 years I had it but glad of that because of no dealer. I would probably buy online anyway because the dealer for the Suzuki is about 1000 more.
Just in case you want to look at the Suzuki setup manual.

Attachments

• Suzuki Setup DF9.9b-15a-20a.pdf
    768.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts