Teardrop camper

Jim

Administrator
Admin
Moderator
TinBoats Supporter
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
18,305
Reaction score
9
Location
Shrewsbury, MA
Does anyone have a teardrop camper? Curious to get your thoughts on them (real-world experience).
 

R2K

Active member
Joined
Jan 29, 2022
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
New Alexandria pa
87f49314828f33b3c915aee24a3b7c7c.jpg

I have always been curious about as well….


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Kismet

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
1,359
Reaction score
18
Location
rural SW Wisconsin
They'd be perfect for me, if I was still in my 20's or 30's and limber. Now I just wish I was and know that minimalist stuff is fine, but my body's sense of what is "minimal" has escalated a little bit.

Why, I could make one at home and save a bundle !!!

Teardrop trailer.jpg

:roll:
 

LDUBS

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 14, 2016
Messages
4,308
Reaction score
138
Location
Clayton California
If a smaller unit is the objective also look at Scamps and Casitas brands. Not teardrops but they are compact. Kind of pricey though. And for top dollar I think Airstream still makes a compact travel trailer.
 

GTS225

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
528
Reaction score
16
Location
Iowa
It would not have to be exactly, a "teardrop". There's quite a few out there that have been fashioned as a "squaredrop", and also "CTC's", or cargo-to-camper conversions. Nothing says you can't "roll your own", as it were. Only your imagination is the limit. One of the more recent methods of construction is structural foam, laminated with 1/4" plywood for walls, and even cabinetry. (Yes, the 2" foam sold by the home improvement stores.)
Just go here, and start reading................. https://www.tnttt.com/

Roger
 

poorthang

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 5, 2022
Messages
219
Reaction score
2
Location
brockwell, ar
Kismet said:
They'd be perfect for me, if I was still in my 20's or 30's and limber. Now I just wish I was and know that minimalist stuff is fine, but my body's sense of what is "minimal" has escalated a little bit.

Why, I could make one at home and save a bundle !!!

Teardrop trailer.jpg

:roll:

stylish , yet functional! why they cut the bath tub in half?
 

Jim

Administrator
Admin
Moderator
TinBoats Supporter
Joined
Nov 29, 2006
Messages
18,305
Reaction score
9
Location
Shrewsbury, MA
GTS225 said:
It would not have to be exactly, a "teardrop". There's quite a few out there that have been fashioned as a "squaredrop", and also "CTC's", or cargo-to-camper conversions. Nothing says you can't "roll your own", as it were. Only your imagination is the limit. One of the more recent methods of construction is structural foam, laminated with 1/4" plywood for walls, and even cabinetry. (Yes, the 2" foam sold by the home improvement stores.)
Just go here, and start reading................. https://www.tnttt.com/

Roger

Awesome, thanks!
 

GTS225

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
528
Reaction score
16
Location
Iowa
poorthang said:
stylish , yet functional! why they cut the bath tub in half?

(Not sure if this was tongue-in-cheek, or he really meant it.) Why, for fenders, silly! Some states require fenders on trailers.

Roger
 

poorthang

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 5, 2022
Messages
219
Reaction score
2
Location
brockwell, ar
GTS225 said:
poorthang said:
stylish , yet functional! why they cut the bath tub in half?

(Not sure if this was tongue-in-cheek, or he really meant it.) Why, for fenders, silly! Some states require fenders on trailers.

Roger

if you are not sure if that was tongue in cheek, maybe you should visit America more.
 

GTS225

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 5, 2011
Messages
528
Reaction score
16
Location
Iowa
poorthang said:
if you are not sure if that was tongue in cheek, maybe you should visit America more.

The snarky response was out of line. I don't live up between your ears with you, so had no way of knowing your mindset when you typed that. If you'll notice, my location is in the left "header", so I don't need to "visit America"......I was born here.

Roger
 

Kismet

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 21, 2012
Messages
1,359
Reaction score
18
Location
rural SW Wisconsin
Great allowances must be made when two different cultures meet---I think that is a quote from DUNE by Frank Herbert.

I really kinda of like the rustic home-made trailer, but I'm old and a little...er...let's call it eccentric. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think the washtub wheel wells are, lessee...uh...hmmm....thematically congruent.

This is supposed to be fun, guys. :lol:
 

poorthang

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 5, 2022
Messages
219
Reaction score
2
Location
brockwell, ar
Kismet said:
Great allowances must be made when two different cultures meet---I think that is a quote from DUNE by Frank Herbert.

I really kinda of like the rustic home-made trailer, but I'm old and a little...er...let's call it eccentric. :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think the washtub wheel wells are, lessee...uh...hmmm....thematically congruent.

This is supposed to be fun, guys. :lol:

you said something funny. maybe it will spread!
 
Top