Tenn. school shooting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I agree with the original post.
Tinboats has a rule on political postings.
Thats all.

Just so you can know a little more about me. I'm considered a super collector, I own 27 long guns and 6 hand guns.
My brother has more than 50 long guns mostly black powder.
I don't fish, the reason I joined Tinboat was for my duck hunting jon boat.

The political rhetoric could come if the discussion turned toward the background of the shooter. Let's not go there.

Suffice it to say that LEO's did what they needed to do, if a touch slow.

Roger

Just so you can know a little more about me. I'm considered a super collector, I own 27 long guns and 6 hand guns.
shhhhhhh! here come the helicoptors and swat!

I kind of thought you were a hunter from your screen name.

I thought this site was dealing with “BOATS” and related issues about “BOATS “…
CNN is the place for the rest of the bs being interjected. Saying for a friend and his/her neighbors.
This is the site off topic section, is it not?

There’s enough Nannie’s in the world and people find it cathartic to discuss things like this.

Besides, you’re conflating politics and culture. The political side can stay out while discussing the cultural issues of the day if we’re all being adults.

We have a serious culture problem people need to be/start talking about.

Last edited:
The political rhetoric could come if the discussion turned toward the background of the shooter. Let's not go there.

Suffice it to say that LEO's did what they needed to do, if a touch slow.

Roger
I dont see how you could figure they were slow.

Save for having armed security on site (Big advocate of this) you couldn’t ask for a much better response.

Latest I read she targeted the pastor as she was getting counseling for her mental issues and he was telling her things she didn’t want to hear.

There’s enough Nannie’s in the world and people find it cathartic to discuss things like this.

Besides, you’re conflating politics and culture. The political side can stay out while discussing the cultural issues of the day if we’re all being adults.

I agree that's why I used the word "Too".

Media sure plays the narrative differently when it's one of theirs.

The "media" is like a big talk show aimed at a specific audiences, I think.

I read somewhere not long ago that over-reporting about the shooters, including their pics, drives copycats who want notoriety. Maybe media should report what happened without providing any name, pics, etc of the shooters.

Very complicated issues. I did a vulnerability assessment following a shooting at a college years ago. I identified many many more questions than answers but most officials I interviewed were concerned with CYA and not solutions. Nothing new there.

I don’t think that apostrophe
Is correct..
on nannie’s
I wonder if it’s nanny’s
I couldn’t care less,
And I’m not the spelling police,
But that’s my last name

Shooting's of any sort have nothing to do with the availability of firearms. It has to do with mental problems in this country, (usually, but not limited to young people). Indulgent parents, schools, and society itself, raise children in a manner that protects them from any unhappiness, disappointment, confrontations, responsibility, or "growing pains". Unfortunately, children NEED to experience these uncomfortable situations in order to know how to handle them throughout their life. It appears that some of our young people, (and some not so young), when faced with these situations, react negatively, sometimes using firearms, in an to attempt to solve these obstacles they have never been faced with or learned to handle.

Agree with pathunter also, seems like there are way too many people in today's society that are going off the rails anymore, there is a core reason that that is happening.
We have had several murders in our town in the last few years, one where a brother killed his brother with a knife, and another where a daughter killed her mother with a crossbow, no amount of gun laws would have stopped either one of those murders. Then there's many other instances, like pushing people onto subway tracks which has happened multiple times, why would anyone even want to do that.

Latest posts