Tenn. school shooting

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the site off topic section, is it not?

There’s enough Nannie’s in the world and people find it cathartic to discuss things like this.

Besides, you’re conflating politics and culture. The political side can stay out while discussing the cultural issues of the day if we’re all being adults.

We have a serious culture problem people need to be/start talking about.
Having difficulty finding the title to this blog…. The reason I made that statement was my misunderstanding that tinboats.net was ONLY about boats and that related topic…I know now not to open this again! Best to all!

One potential problem with mental health issues/buying a firearm/background check is, in some instances, the HIPPA law, seems to get in the way of what can be shared or reported to whom.

Crazyboat wrote:
"You can't, unless you lie on your 4473, and the FBI or BATFE doesn't do thier job and check the facts.
Then, too, if no one ever reports the status of the individual, so that the info is in the NICS database, then they get approved with whatever info is in the database."

Once again the gov't fail doing it's job, so lawabiding citizens pay the price. According to gov't stats, 78% of crime is by repeat offenders, of those over 50% are threepeat offenders and the numbers grow from there. Our court system has revolving doors and full prisons keep them revolving.. In the ten highest crime cities in the country, the gun specification is dropped almost 70% of the time to reduce the sentence! These are just some of the reasons we have these problems....

I’m not sure how significant being a humanoid biped is to the story, but potentially being transgender would be.
Sam.....I failed to respond to this when I first read it.
I'm being politically correct, in that I'm using "pronouns" that are factually correct, with only a hint of gender. We are ALL humanoid bipeds, and the perticular one in this discussion has/had feminine traits.
Can't get any more factual than that.

Roger

You can't, unless you lie on your 4473, and the FBI or BATFE doesn't do thier job and check the facts.
Then, too, if no one ever reports the status of the individual, so that the info is in the NICS database, then they get approved with whatever info is in the database.

Roger
That's correct but then the dealer has the right to refuse sale of the gun if there is a valid reason or....for any reason that they do not feel comfortable selling the gun to that person.

Sam.....I failed to respond to this when I first read it.
I'm being politically correct, in that I'm using "pronouns" that are factually correct, with only a hint of gender. We are ALL humanoid bipeds, and the perticular one in this discussion has/had feminine traits.
Can't get any more factual than that.

Roger
Got it, sorry about that. My mistake for jumping on your word choice. To your point, facts and words available on this sad story are few.

Latest posts