The Replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickT

Reaction score
Well, about a month ago my jon boat was stolen. Today, however, I worked out a trade for my next project boat. I'm trading 2 duck calls made by me and carving 4 wood duck decoys for a 1448 Lowe, 25 hp Evinrude, and trailer. She's rough looking (pics to follow) but has plenty of potential. Got an insurance check on the way to get it rigged and ready for some duck hunting and smallie fishing!

The guy told me it's a 14' er, but it looks longer to me.
The Boat:
DSCF0645.jpg

The Motor:
DSCF0649.jpg

Interior:
DSCF0648.jpg

DSCF0646.jpg

DSCF0647.jpg

Sorry to hear about your boat getting jacked, I hope they catch the scumbag(s) who did it :evil: Looks like you've got the starts of another nice boat though, and not you can make any changes you like :wink: Look forward to seeing the progress.

ST

WOW thats terrible, but not surprising with the way this country is now. Was your boat registered and titled?

That LOWE is a bit older then what I have but I can tell you its a great stable boat, perfect for a decking project, my 2 year old walks around and plays in mine on the water.

Look forward to seeing your progress, maybe can give me a few idea's for mine.

Things are lookin up. I picked up a NIB 46# Motorguide TM at Walmart this evening for $50!

Except for the ugly green carpet, the boat doesn't look bad.
Maybe your boat that got ripped will suddenly spring a huge leak while the jerks are way far from shore and sink like a rock while their feet get tangled in the anchor line.

The guy said the motor has been sitting a while. What do I need to do to get it up and running?

MickT said:
The guy said the motor has been sitting a while. What do I need to do to get it up and running?

Replace spark plugs,points and condenser,clean carb(s),change gear case oil,and it's a good idea to change the water cooling impeller.

It's nice to know if it has good compression also,,,before you get to far into it.

dedawg1149 said:
dang man do you were a horseshoe for a necklace =D>

LOL, some people can fall in a poop hole and come out smelling like a rose, I fall in I come out smelling like..... POOP....

Hope you have good luck with the motor.

LarryA said:
Except for the ugly green carpet, the boat doesn't look bad.
Maybe your boat that got ripped will suddenly spring a huge leak while the jerks are way far from shore and sink like a rock while their feet get tangled in the anchor line.

Found this while reviewing some old posts ... almost fell outta my chair laughing ... dang funny. When you gonna start this project ... the "LOWE" crowd is waiting !

Latest posts