Tin boat recommendations

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbob44

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 14-16 boat for a bass boat build. What manufacturers do you all recommend? This boat is for 20hp restricted lakes. I'm looking for the most stable boat I can find and currently the Weldbilt 1660 is about the widest I can find but there are no dealers close to me and I don't know much about them.

Check out the Lowes 1652 - a little narrower, but plenty wide enough for stability.

Roaming Rock Marina in Roaming Shores (21 miles from you) carries Lowes.

Check out the Lowes 1652 - a little narrower, but plenty wide enough for stability.

Roaming Rock Marina in Roaming Shores (21 miles from you) carries Lowes.
I have looked at that boat and may ultimately go with it because of the local dealer. Have you fished out of it?

No - before the F-9 that I rebuilt last winter, I was fishing out of a modified canoe...but I've heard good things about Lowes in general on other boards.

I have a 1652(Crestliner), plenty stable for me...Im only 175lbs,normally by myself when fishing.
I load it down once in awhile, family,camping gear...handles that fine to.
Mines rated 35hp tiller, 60hp console...only have a 30hp 2 stroke,works fine around 27mph alone,not sure what your looking gor preformance wise but a 20hp might need a small pitch to plane.

Imstill have and use my old 1970 Lowe' 1648 with a 30 hp 2 stroke. Riveted all over. Never a leak.

Can not continue to type !!! Good Bye !!

Latest posts