Tinboats.net / VI Cooler Give Away - WINNER GREENRIVER

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend's and I had a competition last year, who could catch the biggest bass on a bottle cap lure they made. Octoberfest was the hot ticket.

IMG_0189.jpg

Derek said:
Friend's and I had a competition last year, who could catch the biggest bass on a bottle cap lure they made. Octoberfest was the hot ticket.

IMG_0189.jpg

I was waiting for someone to post something like this. That is awesome, and to be honest there are a TON of different colors to choose from so it could be a pretty versitile bait. Funny stuff. :D

C'mon guys! I know there are some creative guys on this board. Lets see some stuff! It doesn't matter what it is. Even if you are ashamed of it or if it did not swim right or whatever. The effort was there, show it off! :D

bulldog said:
I was waiting for someone to post something like this. That is awesome, and to be honest there are a TON of different colors to choose from so it could be a pretty versitile bait. Funny stuff. :D

I made a couple, might even have them hanging around somewhere.

Last entry: I just finished this 1.25oz. - 5" double-jointed shad swimbait It's weighted so that it is neutrally buoyant and will stay just under the surface on retrieve. The finish is aluminum foil under printed tissue and fins made from tackle box dividers.

m.jpg
m.jpg
m.jpg
m.jpg
m.jpg
m.jpg

l.jpg
l.jpg

l.jpg
l.jpg

WOW! I am jealous of all of your painting skills. Are those all done with airbrush kits? I'll post a picture of my stuff when I get home so you guys can all get a good laugh. My stuff looks like a 4th grader put them together!

This is a 5/0 Eagle Claw O'Shaughnessy hook tied with the same pattern used as a Teaser about 12" above the jig.Sometimes tipped with a frozen Spearing,same results.
DSC00029-1.jpg

Using sewing thread to tie teaser and make head.Then clear nail polish to coat head and put a stick on 5/16 eye,then coating again to make sure eyes don't come off.I used chartruese pearl flash on both jig and teaser.

Here's a killer lure that everyone can make.It's made from a beer can.I use a pair of pliars and bend it over a jig hook.I then take a pair of scissors to cut it into a half circle.I use a slip bobber with about 4' of line and let it flutter to the bottom.Most big bull bluegills suck it in on the first cast.I use a candle to heat it up for a couple of seconds before dipping into a jar of powder paint.Glue on a couple of little eyes and you are good until you get it hung up.
DSC00093.jpg

Here they are painted.
DSC00094.jpg

Gotta say thanks to all the enteries. Not as many as I expected but some pretty interesting stuff. The winner of the cooler is GreenRiver. The overall look and quality of his swimbait was just carzy to be home made. Congrats friend. Send me your address and I'll get the cooler sent out to you next week.

Wow, thanks bulldog, you do some mighty fine work yourself! I am surprised more people didn't enter based on the fact that everyone on here is DIYer, but you did get close to 1000 hits on this thread!

Here are a couple more:

This is the same shad body style but with a lot more exposed foil and brighter colors.
l.jpg

4" bluegill -single jointed swimbait that I started for this contest but it took me a long time to get it to swim right so it's just now getting ready for paint and clear coat.
m.jpg
m.jpg

l.jpg