Tourney series for aluminum boats ONLY!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afs13

Reaction score
The Aluminum Fishing Series is a tournament format for aluminum boat owners, and we currently have 3 divisions, looking to expand into some other New England states.. If you are interested in directing a division, lets talk! Lets build a brand for aluminum boat owners!

NH DIVISION: open tourney this Saturday on Waukewan in Meredith, NH, have few more spots open for boat captains.. email [email protected] to reserve your spot on the roster!

WWW.ALUMINUMFISHINGSERIES.COM
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM/ALUMINUMFISHINGSERIES
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ALUMINUMFISHINGSERIES

I was reading the rules and was surprised it was limited specifically to bass boat style of aluminum boats. Not sure I follow why that would be a rule. For all I know maybe all bass fishing tourneys are limited to "bass boat" styles of boats. I guess I can see that on a pro circuit. But for an amateur tourney, I'm not sure I understand. I'm thinking folks might feel bad for getting shown up by some old dude in a 14' tiller steered Valco. haha

LDUBS,

There were a few reasons why I had to limit it to "bass boat" styles of boats... INSURANCE, SAFETY, and FISH CONSERVATION. NH is pretty strict with tournament rules and regulations and when I first started this, I had to have a conversation with Fish & Game about jon boats/non bass boat style vessels, and whether they could sufficiently keep fish alive since most of those types of vessels use a make-shift cooler as a livewell that doesn't pull water directly from the body of water. Instead of going back and forth with NH Fish & Game about it, I had to make a decision. There's also the insurance aspect of tournament fishing. To protect myself, anglers that fish need to have liability insurance, which I'm sure isn't needed for smaller jon boats without an engine. The safety aspect is a no-brainer since we fish middle-to-large bodies of water.

The aluminum bass boat market is hot and trending in the positive direction as far as fish-ability and cost, and unique enough that nobody has a dedicated trail strictly for aluminum bass boats, UNTIL NOW!

That's not to say that I couldn't potentially add a JON BOAT SERIES to my brand and trail in other states!! Just need some good guys willing to commit and have fun :)

Its funny you mention getting shown up by a 14' tiller... I LOOOVVEEE showing up all the 20-21' fiberglass boat guys with my 18' aluminum ranger with half the HP ;-) hahaha goes both ways!

LDUBS said:
I was reading the rules and was surprised it was limited specifically to bass boat style of aluminum boats. Not sure I follow why that would be a rule. For all I know maybe all bass fishing tourneys are limited to "bass boat" styles of boats. I guess I can see that on a pro circuit. But for an amateur tourney, I'm not sure I understand. I'm thinking folks might feel bad for getting shown up by some old dude in a 14' tiller steered Valco. haha
Or how about a 12’ Valco with a ‘55 Johnson 10hp... can’t wait to get it out on the water again.

Slimcowboy1978,

I assume its a tiller motor? Does it have a kill-switch? Whats the livewell situation?

they had a tournament one sunday morning where i used to fish (i was unaware), they were starting at the public boat ramp. everyone i walked by told me "fiberglass bass boats only". i chuckled and said i didnt know i couldnt use the boat ramp today. i launched my boat, we went up river and started to fish. my buddy pointed out that no one was catching anything but US! one guy kept saying i couldnt be in the tounrmanet while we were fishing. so then we started having a field day, we were catching some of the best smallmouth bass we had seen in a long time. all the while showing up the fiberglass $50k bass boats. it was very gratifying.

afs13 said:
Slimcowboy1978,

I assume its a tiller motor? Does it have a kill-switch? Whats the livewell situation?

I added a kill switch. In the planning stages of a rear Livewell with a chiller. I was going to do the “cooler” Livewell, but decided that I want a perminant livewell.

They used to have a series like that here too. You could run any tin as long as you had a working livewell and a kill switch. Lots of guys with glass boats also had flat bottom boats and got in too. Dont know if they still have it anymore or not but would think you could get some guys to sign up.

Latest posts