Tracker Fisherman 16

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my opinion on it.

Personally, I think this will go over about like a fart in a spacesuit.

To me, it looks like they took the worst of multiple worlds, and attached them together.

First of all, the bottom width is only 32 inch. So, it is clearly a sit down boat, and moving around the craft is not going to work. Most of the people on this site agree that the minimum bottom width should be 36 inch to make a stable craft. It is really a design that is mainly found in crappie fishing boats, as it really isn't beneficial to bass fisherman, or for many other species really.

It doesn't really have any motor capabilities. It is rated for 2 horsepower. Obviously, that welded boat isn't going to fall apart with more power than that, but the goofy hull shape wouldn't take any more than that, without acting real stupid, and wallow a lot. It really only has room for one battery, so it seems to be limited to 12 volt bow mount power. Especially with one guy in the boat, that boat will spin like a pirouette, and not really be easily controllable.

Also, look at the lack of storage. You have a battery box, and livewell, and.... oh wait, nothing.

I don't see this being the hot new thing.

However, what I think may go over well would be if Tracker or somebody made a 1436, and decked it like a lot of the guys do on here. Many companies make something like in 1648 and bigger, I think Russ010 showed us a nice Alumacraft version in the dream boat under 20K thread, but nobody makes a smaller one, that many like for cost reasons, storage reasons, and size/weight for small tow vehicles/bad ramps or small ponds.

Yeah looking at it more and more, it looks like a glorified canoe. The boat is pitching forward a lot with 1 guy in it :roll: :lol:

Don't like the fact that the rear end is up turned and there's no easy way to mount a small O/B on it.I know it's supposed to be a drift boat,but it looks like a cross between a punt and a mod V.Punt is a small narrow back water boat with up turned ends that is poled,paddled or rowed.

Na i dont like it at all. I think that tracker really messed up on this boat. Useually they make good boats but in my opinion they really screwed this boat up. It is way not wide enough it looks like a death trap waiting to happen. Plus the rear end sticking up in the back makes the front look like the back and the back looks like the front. So yeah tracker did not do good with this boat at all. But then again thats just my opinion someone else might love the thin design. So i guess its just a matter of opinion. Oh well.

Almost looks like they were trying to make a river fishing jon, modeled after drift boats, but those are usually rowed from the middle, or have an outboard mounted in a hatch just aft of the center. They would not respond well to a bow or transom mount.

Manufactures allow a certain amount of time for a product to be on the marketed before they pull it out of resellers and scrap it.I don't think this one will make it to long before it's scraped.

Hate to dig up the dead but I saw this boat for the first time this weekend, never heard/seen them.. Interesting concept like a canoe/jon boat. Not a fan of narrow boats but surely it will fit someones niche. Not even sure this boat is still in production.

BPS in Mobile wanted $897 for just the hull. 1632

Attachments

• fiher.jpg
    fiher.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,399
  • 02281745.jpg
    02281745.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 1,399
Nah, they'll never sell that... it's only been their basic PF 16 design for over 20 years! You'd think they'd wise up and quit making and trying to sell them eh?

Typical Tracker bashing, I believe it stems from being insecure... but mainly fueled by jealousy.

The link in the original post no longer takes you to the boat being discussed. It does indeed point to the PF 16 which has a 48" bottom and is rated for 30hp. Canoe thingy in pics above is no longer on the website.

Latest posts