Tracker Grizzly PPG Paint Code

schinkr1

Reaction score
Looking to paint my Tracker 1648 before I build it out and can't find the Tracker Forest Green paint anywhere. Went to a dealer and was told they no longer sell it, but you can get it any store that sells PPG. Well, without a paint code, paint stores can't find the right color. I plan on spraying it with an HVLP gun, not interested in rolling or rattle cans. Anyone know what the paint code is?

Abraham

Reaction score
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Duralux-Marine-Paint-1-gal-Aluminum-Boat-Green-Marine-Enamel-M736-1/205128316

This is close and I love how mine turned out. Durable too.

powerball

Reaction score

chuck99z28

Reaction score
I've been using Rust-Oleum 249069 Painter's Touch Multi Purpose Spray Paint, 12-Ounce, Satin Oregano on my tracker grizzly. (Amazon)

It is satin but the closest I could find in a rattle can after trying every color I could find. I hit it with some 600 grit and flat clear to dull it out.

Not perfect, but close.

Tracker had some of the original colors in a spray can at something like $25/can. They gave me one of each of the four colors on my camo grizzly when I bought it and three of the four cans quit spraying/broke down, before even using much of it at all. I didn't want to spend more money on that.

skipper123

Reaction score
Think I would find a new color I could buy reasonable and repaint the whole boat. Tracker makes it easy to buy a new boat but after the sale is over any tracker accessories needed is a real pita. I have a new Tracker boat and Trailer. Was told by the dealer to go buy accessories elsewhere or plan to get scammed, 25.00 per can of paint horse hocky !

schinkr1

Reaction score
Appreciate the replies, but I asked over a year ago :) I ended up taking a piece to my PPG dealer and they were able to do a spot on match. Think I paid about $20 for the quart and it was a dead nuts match. I saved the PPG formula posted here just in case.

tomme boy

Reaction score
If you are doing the whole boat, just get the flat green or military green fron any of the paint supply houses. I used to sell Dupont, PPG, and RM. You will want a single stage paint. And make sure to get the hardener. If you really want it to last forever, get duponts Imron