Tracker Guide V14

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samuelh1987

Reaction score
Hello, Been a long time follower on the forum but haven't been active for a long time. Got caught up in the kayak craze for about 5 years but a knee injury wouldn't permit me to continue pedaling my Oldtown Sportsman 120pdl any longer. Sold it and went looking for a boat to purchase with the proceeds. Came across a Tracker Guide V14, Yacht Club trailer, and 1996 Evinrude 9.9 (The easiest model to convert to 15hp too, already have a new to me carb lined out and ready to ship) The seller had begun modifications but lost interest, I jumped on the package deal. He was originally asking $2500 but we haggled down to $1800. Not the best deal ever, but, everything is solid. Just needs to be repainted and the decks and wiring straightened out.

Attachments

• KIMG0700.JPG
    KIMG0700.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 864
  • KIMG0701.JPG
    KIMG0701.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 864
A little progress has been made. Got the benches covered, all the deck / floor panels carpeted with matching carpet, trailer redone, motor carb swapped and dialed in. Now have to pull everything back off and figure paint and way to remove the loose bits of existing paint.

Got the royal blue on today. Have a few spots that need touch up, but, I like it.

Attachments

• KIMG0747.JPG
    KIMG0747.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 733
The boats overall ready to roll. Have to sand out a couple runs in the smoke gray. for some reason, it ran worse than any paint I've used on a boat. Took alot (4) of coats to get reasonable coverage too. Used a foam roller and various brushes.

Attachments

• KIMG0765.JPG
    KIMG0765.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 665
  • KIMG0764.JPG
    KIMG0764.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 667
  • KIMG0767.JPG
    KIMG0767.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 667
  • KIMG0766.JPG
    KIMG0766.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 666
poorthang said:
great job! i love how you kept it so simple. as an old race buddy used to say=stylish, yet functional!

I don't need all the storage of a bass boat and will occasionally have the family with me. The front deck is hinged and has a couple of totes attached to the framing, so we can stow everything inside there. Battery is up there also. Still trying to decide on what will work best for rod holders. Thinking I'll use my kayak fishing crates and sort of treat the boat as a oversized kayak. My kayak crate is setup to hold 6 rods so that's more than adequate for me. Fish finder was adapted from the kayak as well so I can place it anywhere on the boat. Makes it universal to whatever you want to do that day. Basically, I took what the seller had done and modified it work best for me. Bimini is easily removed if we're just going out for a quick fishing trip.

Sold the Johnson locally and got a new Suzuki DF20 at a bargain because the cowl was damaged.

Attachments

• KIMG0783.JPG
    KIMG0783.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 566
  • KIMG0784.JPG
    KIMG0784.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 566
So, Took out the boat after completing my mods. Smooth as silk under power, but, too tippy for the wife / kid. We sold it, and, picked up a 14' GameFisher fiberglass hull that is in excellent condition. Very Boston Whaler-ish. Looks like I'll be stepping out of the forum temporarily lol.

Those Gamefisher boats were pretty common on our lakes way back when. Both my brother and my uncle had one. So, I got to do a lot of fishing out of them. But I don't recall them being not "tippy". Do you find it more stable than the Tracker Guide V14?

samuelh1987 said:
So, Took out the boat after completing my mods. Smooth as silk under power, but, too tippy for the wife / kid. We sold it, and, picked up a 14' GameFisher fiberglass hull that is in excellent condition. Very Boston Whaler-ish. Looks like I'll be stepping out of the forum temporarily lol.

Dagum you can still be a lurker haha. I was a lurker before I got mine and still am a lurker have not decided on what I want to do yet. Need to take some pies and postem.

Latest posts