Tracker Tournament TX-17 Duck Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the tiller handle in today. It doesn't work with power tilt/trim tho :(
I'm gonna send it back, sell the motor and get something new. Maybe a mud motor if someone can convince me a 35hp can push 4 guys in this boat steadily.

On a positive note, I got the bilge pump plumbing and led bow lights in today.

I also filled the boat with water and only found one leaky rivet, so that was nice

Picked up some 23/32 marine grade plywood for the transom and a bottle of titebond III.
I then traced out the old transom and cut the pieces oversized. I spread half a bottle of glue with a chipboard brush and screwed it down and put some weight on it and it's been sitting for the afternoon. I'll cut it to exact size tomorrow afternoon and then coat it with marine grade fiberglass.

There was also some pitting on the rear aluminum so I spread some jb weld on those spots.

Nice work. When you said "fully welded" what do you mean? The decks that you add? Will you leave the ribs rivited?

KRS

Picked up a 6 gallon gas tank today so I could lay out the floor. Looks like I'll be able to extend the floor 12" I'll just have to figure out something for the corners since the bottom of the boat comes up a little bit there. I'll be putting the gas tank and battery in the front to help with the weight distribution. Really just waiting on aluminum sheet now...

Will that be enough fuel? (I am paranoid of running out.) I went from 2 six gallon tanks to one 13 gallon aluminum recently. (for 50 hp.) I know that this is not your first rodeo....just thought I would throw it out there. Me and my bare bones TX17 is watching your build! Good work.

KRS

KRS62 said:
Will that be enough fuel? (I am paranoid of running out.) I went from 2 six gallon tanks to one 13 gallon aluminum recently. (for 50 hp.) I know that this is not your first rodeo....just thought I would throw it out there. Me and my bare bones TX17 is watching your build! Good work.

KRS

Plenty. The last tx17 I had would run all day on less than 6 gallons with a 60hp on the back. This boat doesn't even need to go very far or run all day, just get us into a hunting spot early in the morning and back when we're done.

Geez, and I thought my TX-17's console wuz rough...

Howdy folks and kudos to the OP! I'm new here and about to embark on a second rejuvenation on my boat. I may start a thread once

I get more into it. Nice to finally see just what all is underneath that decking. Whilst I don't plan to pull it down this far, it'll be most helpful

if and when I do. Am planning on just getting it fish-worthy enough for the summer and then maybe tear into it over the winter.

Quite a nice forum ya'll have here-am picking up a lot ideas.

OK, back to perusing the other mods and builds.

Snuffy

Nice work. I looked at your last Tracker rebuild. I am liking that 24" Light Bar. Me, thinks I need to get one of those as well. Where do you plan to mount it at?

Shoedawg said:
Nice work. I looked at your last Tracker rebuild. I am liking that 24" Light Bar. Me, thinks I need to get one of those as well. Where do you plan to mount it at?
I'm gonna have my buddy bend some aluminum tubing and mount it on the bow almost like a bow fishing light type mount.

Any updates on this build? I know it's an old thread but I'm interested in how it came out.

Latest posts