Tracker Tournament TX-17 Duck Boat Build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbalbano said:
Any updates on this build? I know it's an old thread but I'm interested in how it came out.
Lol it's a current thread and in progress

The response posted date is in the top right. I think you're probably looking at the users join date on the left side.

You are correct. Newbie mistake. I just picked up my bass tracker, your thread is helping a lot. Thanks

hookedontronics said:
Switch panel came in today. I really love these carling switches.

Also got 2 sheets of 4'x8'x.125" aluminum for the floor and deck
I hate to ask but...... How much did the Aluminum sheets run you? I'm looking to do the same.

Are those rivets for your hull? If so, what size are they and where did you order them from? I will need to tackle my hull/ribs in the fall. Not sure if it makes since to go ahead and replace them all or just the leaking ones. Oh and do plan on using an air rivet gun with your bucking bar? 2x? 3x?

KRS

KRS62 said:
Are those rivets for your hull? If so, what size are they and where did you order them from? I will need to tackle my hull/ribs in the fall. Not sure if it makes since to go ahead and replace them all or just the leaking ones. Oh and do plan on using an air rivet gun with your bucking bar? 2x? 3x?

KRS
Look on my build thread, I went into detail how to make your own bucking tool with a Harbor Freight air hammer and where to get the blind rivets. EBay

KRS62 said:

KRS

Not going to use them on the hull, I only found one small leak and I'm gonna have my buddy weld that up, just going to use then where I had to remove previous rivets. They are 1/4" diameter x .375" long. I'm using a harbor freight air impact.

How bad was the oxidation where you used jb weld? Any holes? I have a few that are as large as a half dollar. I've been to 3 welders and no one wants to touch it for less than $600.

bbalbano said:
How bad was the oxidation where you used jb weld? Any holes? I have a few that are as large as a half dollar. I've been to 3 welders and no one wants to touch it for less than $600.

It wasn't horribly bad but it was pitted in spots. If yours is really bad I'd just replace the rear aluminum.

The one thing you did that I really like is, you use fiberglass resin instead of the spar varnish. Not that spar varnish doesn't work, just always thought the resin may last a little longer than the varnish. Great job! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

My buddy did some welding on the boat last night. Welded shut the livewell hole in the rear and a few more holes from transducers and whatever. Also welded shut the livewell hole in the side of the boat. We got the new transom in, got to use the blind rivets (which work awesome) and still have a bunch of welding to do.

some bracing for the floor

Latest posts