Transom replacement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roman AB

Reaction score
Whats the best way to replace the transom in this boat? Ive look at the how too's and will go buy some exterior plywood for the material. I'm obviously hoping I don't have to cut and weld a lot of aluminum since I don't have a spool gun and I'll be paying someone to do the welding.

Its a 1985 MonArk 1539 I got from my grandfather. All of the wood deck was rotted out which I obviously removed and cleaned up. I plan on using it for a duck hunting boat here around Southeast Texas hunting the marshes and refuges. Plan is to install a new aluminum floor and put the live wells back in for seating. Planning to power it with a backwater mud motor or possible an outboard with a jack plate.

Having some issue posting pics. Ill update the post as soon as I figure it out.

I converted the pics to jpeg.

Attachments

• IMG_4177.jpeg
    IMG_4177.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4176.jpeg
    IMG_4176.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4175.jpeg
    IMG_4175.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4137.jpeg
    IMG_4137.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4174.jpeg
    IMG_4174.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4145.jpeg
    IMG_4145.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_4128.jpeg
    IMG_4128.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 144
Looks like you will have to take the side pieces out to get access to the outboard transom fasteners. Then take out the vertical brace and the piece at the bottom of the transom board and the aluminum sheet should come out letting you remove the old and install a new transom board from the front. Lots of rivet drilling and riveting back in involved, from what i can see in the pics you will probably even have to take the console loose. Pretty big job but totally worth doing right in my opinion.

Latest posts