TruckMechanic 1436 ReBuild Updated 4/21 - Almost Finished..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliments.

I kept it covered with a tarp but it let water in..I could never find a cover that fit very good and then it sat most of the year last year and I think hurt it the worst.

I think it was harder re-doing some of it because I was saving and reusing what I could so I had to be careful and not damage anything tearing it apart. Hopefully i will be out on the water within the next week or too. I am pretty much done with my mods now. Just have to clean it and get the new tires on the trailer.

I was up till 3am last nigth putting the finishing touches on the duracraft. I was lucky with the fact that the person before did such a bad job that I had to rip everything out- but he didn't do much. He just laid some carpet on "treated" plywood with steel screws- and zipped it in with steel screws. Yah - everything was rusted out to no ends. Note to self treated plywood reacts with certain metals and causes corrosion. Use non treated plywood with and or galvenized screws. Boards were sun dried and the sun tore that carpet apart. I will def try to find a cover. I was thinking about a tarp- .... You think I should by a real cover? they have got john boat covers at academy for 50 bucks.

Did you know its bad luck not to name a boat? .... you got one?
Check out the horrible job that this guy did-
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13419

I think so..Not real sure yet. I am wanting to go to Woodrums but really have to wait and see how I feel once I get off work.

Latest posts