Tunnel Hull help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
handyandy said:
75hp on a 16ft aluminum and only 36 that's not very good something wasn't right either set up or prop. Friend has a 3/16 thick 2060 with a 1979 70hp johnson we get 36-37 out of it when it's just us and fishing gear in it. It goes down once it has the big duck blind on it, decoys in it, and couple more guys hunting.

Nah man it was set up perfectly. Motor was cherry and tached out at 5800rpms. It was a V hull starcraft that had plenty of power. It had a decent deadrise so Im sure that hurt the top #'s some.

rotus623 said:
dearl said:
rotus623 said:
Running 8mph more with a 90/65 is probably about right, when comparing apples to apples. I wouldn't expect to get too much more out of it. I had a prop 75hp on a 16' aluminum boat and it would max out at 36mph with a light load, trimmed out. Just food for thought here.

I dont buy it, 33 is not about right, like I said earlier I have had this boat up to 36 when it was 200 lbs. heavier.

Just sayin.......

Either way, boat looks great. I love the console on the casting deck and would love to see some side shots!

Well, we took the boat out fishing Friday morning, loaded down with all the gear we hit 33.1 WOT. moved the bait tank around a little, played with the anchor position some and hit 34.5 on slick water. That's with 2 - 200 lb. men, 2 - 30 lb. anchors, a 30 gallon bait tank full of water, and numerous rods and tackle. Also found a couple of walnut hulls wedged in the discharge spout of the pump. Not sure how long they had been In there, but could tell a noticeable difference once those were removed. Boat rides really good, I'm happy with it, I may play with it some more later but right now I'm going fishing.

dearl said:
Well, we took the boat out fishing Friday morning, loaded down with all the gear we hit 33.1 WOT. moved the bait tank around a little, played with the anchor position some and hit 34.5 on slick water. That's with 2 - 200 lb. men, 2 - 30 lb. anchors, a 30 gallon bait tank full of water, and numerous rods and tackle. Also found a couple of walnut hulls wedged in the discharge spout of the pump. Not sure how long they had been In there, but could tell a noticeable difference once those were removed. Boat rides really good, I'm happy with it, I may play with it some more later but right now I'm going fishing.

Sweet!!! You did one hell of a job on that boat man!

What grade aluminum and thickness did you use for the tunnel extension?

Are you using a mig setup? If so what type of wire and diameter do you recommend for the things you have done on the boat?

We have had the boat out several times so far, played with weight distribution even more, took the pump apart and found a couple of pieces of junk in the nozzle, I had it shimmed to .030 so I re-shimmed the impellor to .015 while I had it apart, guess what I found.....the other 1.5 mph Lol. WOT speed is now 35.6 on a glass lake, 35 on a ripple. THIS THING WOKE UP BIG TIME! Planes in 2 boat lengths, jumps out of the water, and holds plane down to 14 mph. I'm happy with it, this is the boat I was used too, I still have to paint the floor and install the new front bulkhead battery hatch's when they arrive but she's done, and I'm glad. Now I can move on to my V-Hull.

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0985.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

Latest posts