Vermonster's 1972 RichLine Sportsman 14' V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EYDavis said:
Any pics of the whole thing?

What hp was your old e'rude?

She's a 1979 15HP. I actually had her running last Friday. I dumped the stale gas from 2 seasons ago and located an Ethanol free store. Took about 5 pulls to start, but not bad considering it's been 6 months or more. I was hoping to get out this past weekend, but the snow made me reconsider.

I'll see if I can take a picture today when I get home. I never have enough space while it's in the carport, and I never think of taking one when it's parked outside and normally it's covered up.

Hey man

Finallly got into the drilling of rivets. kind of fun. Take a peek at mine and see if you think Mine's in worse shape than your starting point, if you would. I'm looking around at other richline mods but I think you nailed the aluminum/deck post seat, etc. I may go live well in there somewhere.

Well I made it to the lake two saturdays ago, all for about an hour. I put her in and she started up just fine. I was letting the motor warm up while I loaded more gear with the choke out. After a bit she stalled, and I had all the gear on. I pushed the choke in and gave it a pull... that's when the the starter blew up on me. The spring on the pinion came off and got caught in the rope, and the recoil spring snapped off as well (not sure which order that happened in).

I decided that I would comfort myself with a new trolling motor later that day! I picked up a new MinnKota Powerdrive V2 55 Pound thrust bow mount! Put it on that night and hit an electric only lake the next day (and got skunked), but the motor flies!

I had to remove the bow cap and create a new one. She's all set up now.

I also rebuilt the starter, and fixed the recoil spring. I'm waiting on a new spring for the pinion to come, but bent the original close enough to the original shape so that it's functional.

Below are pics of the entire boat, the bow cap and the new TM, as well as my fix on the recoil spring (which I wound up with the help of a torch and some pliers). I hope to head out for another round of punishment in the next week!
IMG_1715.JPG
IMG_1716.JPG
IMG_1717.JPG
IMG_1718.JPG
IMG_1719.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    510 KB · Views: 1,135

Latest posts