• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Mod V or Jon 14-16ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cghorr01

Reaction score
Hello all,
My name is Chris and I'm new to the site. Have been fishing all my life, although took a few years off after my kids were born due to work, projects, etc. Recently my daughter asked me to take her fishing, which of course I could not refuse. Long story short, we are fishing several times a week after work, on the weekends, etc and we are both enjoying the heck out of it. That said, while growing up, my dad had a boat and we always fished on the water, which is much more enjoyable to me than fishing from the bank. I have been lurking here from quite some time now looking at all the conversions and they are simply amazing. I am looking to buy a mod V that has already been built if anyone is interested in selling. I would also consider a jon that has been set up to my liking. I will be fishing freshwater exclusively (live in KY), primarily lakes although I might put it on the Ohio River long enough to get into Harrods Creek which is a very short distance. There will be no more than 2 people in the boat at any given time but I'd like something in the 14-16ft range for ample space. I would love to get one and build it myself but with my schedule I know that there is simply no way that I'll have the time to tackle a project like that with so many other projects going on. Looking for a complete water ready package consisting of boat, motor and trailer. Trolling motor isn't crucial for me but would certainly be nice. If anyone has a rig they've done up that they're looking to sell it move up or whatever the reason give me a shout with what you have and what you're looking to get out of it and we can go from there. Hoping to find something in the Ohio Valley area but could travel further for the right craft and deal. Will consider tiller handle or steering console, doesn't make a lot of difference to me.

Check craigslist.

saw some nice boats there. I'd check more like Frankfort or Lexington or Somerset. better prices

or even eastern KY or Ashland-Huntington,WV

WV state line only 3.5hr drive from Louisville. Been working on Kroger at Stoneybrook.

X2 on CL!
I bought 2 john boats off of CL, I live in an area between 2 shallow rivers where they are plentiful.
IMO, look for at least a 48" bottom, you won't be sorry!

Latest posts