Weldbuilt 1652 semi-V mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay new tip on cutting white styrofoam. take a 2 foot piece of mechanics wire, 2 large eyebolts, and some 2x4s. run wire strait from one eyebolt to another and mount seperatly in wood, use wood to mount wire higher or lower as needed for cutting. i used a large battery charger (napa) connected clamps one on each eyebolt. set charger at 2amps! no more, wire will heat up and simply push foam GENTLY on the wire and it will melt a clean cut. DO NOT TOUCH WIRE!!!!!! you will get burned....I had to cut up a few shipping coolers and this made it a breeze... :evil:

:? Well it was the end of the line today, I have been tryin to get a title on this boat for a few months now and when i called for the first time in weeks or longer.....to check on the progress for the title it got a bit ugly. not because of anything that i had any control over, just all the hoops that you have to go through to get a title when a person dies here. soo, i just pulled everything out that i have done and took the boat back......I have just took a serious $$$$$$ loss on this fiasco.......and lost an old friend...this just bites! so this thread is now gone...........................

That's a lesson to the buyer. Get your paperwork when you make the deal. Know your state laws. Everyone trying to sell something, is not always legit. The odds are in the favor of the seller. You always need to study the deal. Don't buy it if it doesn't have a title, and your state requires it. Don't mod it, if you don't own it. Money is not the end. It is only the means.

Well as best as i can tell this the boat was GIVEN to me, as per the wishes of her husband before he passed away, this was according to his sons, and wife. I usually NEVER expect anything for nothing! But in this case they insisted.....so I went with his wife and picked up the boat. The boat had been sitting for about 4-5 years, carpet wood ect was toast of course. I had the motor tuned ect. at the marine place while i was there and paid for it and left. as you can see from the pics the boat and motor were very nice and I was very thankful for it. I have had the boat for a while working on it and trying to get the paperwork for it. I sent my wife with the bill of gift paper to the courthouse and found out that his wife would have to get the boat in her name before she could gift it to me. Okay so i went back and told her this and I'm not sure what happened then, one of the things that i read on the county website was that the bill of sale had to be typed, so i downloaded a generic bill of sale for car or boat and took it over to their house and there was a paragraph on the paper about "seller has no knowledge of defects ect" I think this is a standard form? anyway, somehow she seemed to think that this paragraph meant that i expected her to give me a warranty on the boat??????????? WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!! I assured her that this was not what i meant and THREW IT IN THE GARBAGE! went home and printed up another one without that paragraph. Before i could get back she dropped off another hand written bill of sale at my work and said that this should be good enough....

Part 2....Then she called and spoke to a person at the courthouse here and found out what i had been trying to tell her that she had to take a notorized form to the courthouse and a copy of the d-certificate to get it in her name, then I would have to take a copy of the d-certificate (no I did not want anything to do with that!) up to the courthouse to get it in my name......so a couple months go by and I am NOT tryin to pressure her, I call her to let her know that i will pay for any fees ect....and she lets me know that she does not want to give the d-cert to the county or me, so i said well i will take you when you want to go and let you handle the d-certificate as this seems to be an issue......then just as an idea i said would you like me to file for abandoned title which would skip this whole process and she said she will get to it and I said just whenever no hurry....
next day, I get a phone call and well, not sure exactly what happened but the fact that I was tryin to get her to give me a "warranty"???? came up and that nothing she did pleased anyone??? and to just file abandon title(not nice) and finallyI just have had enough! I told her that she would not give me anything and I AM DONE! I grew up with these people and have known them 23+ years. I am still great friends with one of her son's and he has really apologized for how she acted but i just can't take any more....I have lost at least 4-5 hundred on this........and a whole lot of time....I just don't understand how I became the bad person here.....crap this just bites, and i still don't UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ncfishin said:
That's a lesson to the buyer. Get your paperwork when you make the deal. Know your state laws. Everyone trying to sell something, is not always legit. The odds are in the favor of the seller. You always need to study the deal. Don't buy it if it doesn't have a title, and your state requires it. Don't mod it, if you don't own it. Money is not the end. It is only the means.
[-X I agree totaly! but this was a gift, as it was willed to me in theory....i trusted this person and never expected this mess :| #-o

Sounds like you might have caught a bunch of emotions that had nothing to do with you or a boat wolf. I'm guessing she's having a hard time and when you said the words "nothing she did pleased anyone"..... seems like a cry for help to me. I'm not trying to play TinBoat psychologist, but I'm guessing that a talk that had nothing to do with the boat between the both of you might help you both.

Sorry again. Sounds like a tough deal.

I know that is part of this whole mess, but i don't know what else i can do...and to be accused of being dishonest is just all i can handle. This is why i just took the boat back, i dont want anyone to say that i did anything that was not right and i'll feel better about the whole thing except losing a friend......

By the way everyone, thanks for all the cool ideas and info on this site great job!!!!
I have 2 other boats that i have to work on. a 1979 aristocraft model19 and my dads tri-hull bass boat with a 115 merc. both boats have been sitting awhile so a lot of work on the glass to start......

Latest posts