What am I ?? do you know ???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it is the deluxe model do to the interior and the light post on top.. those are mentioned under the deluxe model.. I just found this factory brochure also.. there is no date on it but the order forms are dated for prices starting in January 1954. in 1955 brochures and on, there are no longer any references to a JCC model.. so it seems to have ended in 1954.. price list indicates standard model was $1450.00 and deluxe was $1895.00.. I checked to see what $1450.00 in 1954 equals in todays money and it would be the same as $13288.47 and the deluxe would be $17366.65 in todays money...

Attachments

• page00[1].jpg
    page00[1].jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,263
  • 100_1495[1].jpg
    100_1495[1].jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,263
Glad this old ship is in caring hands again. Looks like it has so much potential. I'm not surprised it is turning heads. If you replaced the front windows with oversized goggles it would look like a Steampunker's dream!

:LOL2:

HaHaHa !! that's a good one!!! :lol: and thank you! I'm excited to have it .. I've been checking into the window openers and think I have found what I need.. I guy in New York thinks he has the windows.. I know he has at least one complete window and he says he believes he has at least 4 of them .. and.. he might have just the center opener pieces !! [-o< now that I know the brand name of the windows.. :wink: I went to get the measurements today and was going to take more photos inside and out.. and of the bottom of the boat... but unfortunately [-X I dropped my camera and it doesn't work properly anymore :( … time for a new camera...

I will be taking a half day off work tomorrow and going up to where my boat is stored to get good measurements of the hull so I can start the conversion of my trailer from the rollers to bunks as suggested for better support ... I have a question about the restoration process of this vessel... being this is going to be a bit more in-depth project then my Arkansas Traveler (of just stripping the paint and replacing the gunwale and transom wood and polishing ) .. I'm curious on everyone's thoughts as how YOU would start this project ?? it seems to be in good structural condition overall.. with mostly window issues ( which I think I have solved ) and wood.. (the transom and interior).. the transom will be very easy to replace.. then of coarse all the polishing.. which... would be the best place to start with ?? cleaning and polishing ?? or wood ?? Or ??? what are your ideas ??? thanks !!

Polished boats look awesome. Especially if the hulls are dent and scratch free. I bet it’s a job keeping it polished. I’d research that pretty deeply before making the decision to polish. I’m a function over form guy so transom, leak test, interior and propulsion would be my order of operations. A good scrubbing wash with vinegar and a good rinse will brighten it up some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Welderthemagnificent !! any help on this is appreciated.. I found this spec sheet telling what Aero-Craft built their boats of.. out of the few of these boats I've found photos of... most are like mine for shine.. but I found these two polished ones.. and a photo of one back in the day on the water that looks to have been polished .. I have a couple dents to work out of mine but over all its pretty straight.. the first photos are of one in California that is rented out for movie props ..

Attachments

• 2012022107[1].jpg
    2012022107[1].jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,208
  • IMG_0715[1].jpg
    IMG_0715[1].jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,208
  • F142561775[1].jpg
    F142561775[1].jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,208
  • F142561774[1].jpg
    F142561774[1].jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,208
  • page02[1].jpg
    page02[1].jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,208
If you polish it, you better lay in a supply of sunblock! Those boat do look good. I think it’s great that you are able to find out so much about this boat. So many old defunct aluminum boat manufacturers out there with little to no information on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes its taken some searching to be able to find what I have already.. one of my cousins lived in St. Charles, Michigan where these were made. after they went out of business I believe it was then Browning, and then Thompson.. St. Charles is a very small place and he told me when we picked this up that there is a museum out there with some Aero-Craft boats and things in it, and I should go out there and see what info they may still have on these.. its only about 25-30 miles away from me..

Billinthedesert said:
Still can't get over the "Jules Verne" vibe with this fascinating hull. Almost expect Captain Nemo himself to step out onto the deck!
:D
WOW !!! now that you mention it !!!! :shock: pretty cool !!!

Well its a bit early in this project but sometimes you have to act when you get the opportunity.. I bought this nice original, unmolested, strong running, and quiet 40hp 1957 Mercury Mark 55 with electric start and controls.. these old Mercs just have a nice look to them and look great on a polished boat !!

Attachments

• s-l1600[5].jpg
    s-l1600[5].jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1,191
  • s-l1600[1] (15).jpg
    s-l1600[1] (15).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,191
  • s-l1600[1] (13).jpg
    s-l1600[1] (13).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,191
Nice!! I been wanting, and looking for something like that.. they don't seem to be very common in my area..

Stan the man said:
Nice!! I been wanting, and looking for something like that.. they don't seem to be very common in my area..

yes I've been looking around since I bought my Arkansas Traveler twin cockpit for a nice older Mercury.. mark 30s and mark 55s and even some a little later ones...I think they look great on polished boats... but... most have been in other states or in rather poor condition .. I'm in Michigan and this one was in Wisconsin .. it was just to good of one to pass up.. and we worked out a deal to meet about half way so it wasn't so far to go get it... :)

Are there parts readably available for those old engines? It sure is pretty, and would fit that polished boat.

ncfishin said:
Are there parts readably available for those old engines? It sure is pretty, and would fit that polished boat.

there are rebuilt parts still available for these engines and a good supply of good used parts easily available not much you can't still get.. the old Mercs IMO are the classiest looking engines from the 50s to date ..

The Merc's are very nice, but I have my eye out for a Johnson/Rude, in a 15-20HP.. Everything I see is up in you part of the country.. If you see them down here(rarely), they are either junk, or people want a fortune for them.. I do have an old Mercury 402 I have been tinkering with for some time.. I've been told its not worth fooling with, but if I can get it running, its going on something..

Stan the man said:
The Merc's are very nice, but I have my eye out for a Johnson/Rude, in a 15-20HP.. Everything I see is up in you part of the country.. If you see them down here(rarely), they are either junk, or people want a fortune for them.. I do have an old Mercury 402 I have been tinkering with for some time.. I've been told its not worth fooling with, but if I can get it running, its going on something..

Hi Stan, what part of the country are you located in ?? the specs on this old boat state it can run on anything from 7 1/2hp to 50hp with speeds reaching 22 to 25 mph depending on load with a 22hp motor .. I have a 1958 Evinrude 18hp fastwin that came on my Arkansas Traveler and seen one of these on one of these old boats that pushed it around ok but not real fast.. the advertisement states that with a Evinrude 33 or Mercury 35 this Aero-Craft JCC will run circles around 9 out of 10 inboard cruisers...

I'm in the northwest corner in Mississippi.. few miles south of Memphis, Tn.. I've just started working on a PolarKraft that I'll need a motor for.. Some of the specs on similar boats show a max of 60hp.. but I think mine would be just fine with one much smaller..

Stan