What have you been up to lately?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently sold my 2010 Silverado pickup and spent a bit of time trying to find a new 2 door Bronco. It took some effort to find one at msrp since most dealers are still marking them up and you can't order any until the order banks open back up. So you need to search and contact people/dealers all over the place. I finally found one and got it last Friday. I love the way this truck rides/drives and it has the twin turbo v6 so plenty of power. The first thing I did was bolt on the trailer hitch. I still need to do the wiring and have it ready, but I have time so I wanted to break it in first.

cact_bronco1.jpg

Does that have the 2.7L Ecoboost? That should make a ton of power and good on fuel too.
Yes, it has the 2.7 V6 twin turbo engine and the 10 speed automatic. I haven't really gotten into much of any boost yet since I'm still breaking it in and most of my driving is around town under 45 mph.

Yes, it has the 2.7 V6 twin turbo engine and the 10 speed automatic. I haven't really gotten into much of any boost yet since I'm still breaking it in and most of my driving is around town under 45 mph.
My '19 F150 has the 3.5 and I absolutely love it. Super quiet on the road, super comfortable, huge inside and I average 22 MPG in a 4WD crew cab, and she is faster than my Mustang GT back in 1984. I believe your Bronco is even lighter and the 2.7l is even faster in that configuration. Very cool vehicle.

We bought a puzzle in the second hand store. 1,000 pieces. Been awhile and we thought it would be fun. We have been working on this off and on for 5 days and are about 25% complete. This is a lot tougher than I remember.

Not near as exciting as a new Bronco. Going back to the original Bronco/Scout look was an excellent idea.

Lately, I've been actively exercising in order to keep myself in shape. I also started to study programming languages, and so far I like it.

Lately, I've been actively exercising in order to keep myself in shape. I also started to study programming languages, and so far I like it.
Me too - exercising, not programming. Put on too many pounds during covid. For the past several weeks I have been walking 10 miles per week trying to get into shape for a trip (that we are currently on). When I get back I need to up it.

BTW, since this is a “what up to” thread, I’m writing this from the Lisbon airport waiting for a flight to Barcelona. We started last week with a visit to our youngest son who lives and works in Paris. Watched some guys fishing bait on long rods in the Douro River a couple days ago near Porto. Didn’t see them catch anything.

Let’s see.
We have been to.
Louden
Thompson
lime rock
Tamworth
Summit point
A track in pa I can’t think of the name.
Indy
a few other places with various cars.

I worked with a good guy from down in Florida who took his old bathtub shaped Porsche to classic races. I'm not sure of the model number.

Anyway, too bad they put the steering wheel on the wrong side of your Elva. :)

I worked with a good guy from down in Florida who took his old bathtub shaped Porsche to classic races. I'm not sure of the model number.

Anyway, too bad they put the steering wheel on the wrong side of your Elva. :)
Lol.
funny everything we have raced has been right hand drive except for the GT6..
Shifters Can be on either side. When I drive them around the pits etc the shifting is not automatic.
I need to do everything the opposite with my left hand if the shifter is in the center of the car.
Wierd

Been slowly working on 2- late 60's evinrude 9.5's. Got one up and running and broke the head bolts on the other taking it off, so i got to get those out and clean it up and try and get that running as well. I also have on the back burner a 1970's saltwater motor i believe it is a 7hp. I havent looked at that one for a little while.

Was nice, but John still hadn't caught any fish. Spent the night and the next day we grabbed some live shrimp. Wind was blowing, so we couldn't run out into the bay, so we fished the little harbor near the airport and St Pete pier. With a little coaching, John caught his first fish EVER, a little mangrove snapper. Cool!

Followed that up with a number of small reef fish, snapper, pinfish, and some of these. They looked like 1/2 grouper and 1/2 snapper. Almost like a tilefish of some sort. Does anyone know what this is?
View attachment 113654
That would be a Sand Perch.

Got my jackshaft installed on my boat for my motor.
I hacked a cover for my rocker switches.
I updated the firmware on my two humminbird helix's.
I just purchased and upgrade kit for my Terrova to change from I pilot to I pilot link.
I have not been fishing much since opening weekend in May.....
I seem to spend more time tweaking my boat than fishing in it lately..... but that's ok. It's fun.

Perch season is underway here on Lake Erie in Ohio. Time to stock the freezer for the long winter....well mabey not a long winter anymore....haven't had to plow snow for the past two winters !! But....love eating those perch fillets !!
Being retired, I get out quite often, and can afford to be picky on what I keep, hate cleaning small ones, so I just keep bigger ones....besides, it gives me more excuses to go back out again !!

Latest posts