What is a good price for a new Lowe L1040?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronxborn

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to TinBoats and looking to buy my first Jon boat in Central Florida. Locally, there are many 1032's/1232s, and occasionally 1036s/1236s. From what I've read, the wider the boat the more stable. I found a dealer selling new Lowe 1040s for an OTD price of $1900. Is this too much?

I'm going to pair whatever Jon boat I get with a Mercury 3.5 hp. I will mainly be on the water by myself (I weigh 190 lbs) but may have a 2nd person occasionally though I believe I will be limited to someone who weighs less than 150 lbs. Thanks for any feedback.

I would suggest a 9.9 HP motor for that boat. You won't regret it.
If you're buying new, email several dealers for a quote on the boat you've decided on. Ask for the quote to be the amount you need to write the cheque for... out the door price. Then there will be no surprises.

If you're buying new, email several dealers for a quote on the boat you've decided on. Ask for the quote to be the amount you need to write the cheque for... out the door price. Then there will be no surprises.
Thanks! I've have some constraints, such as only being able to get a 10 or 12-footer (storage reasons) and a light motor to put on and take off easy (for transport). No trailer, just hauling in the pickup bed or on top of the bed rack. Will put launch wheels on it.

Sadly they are the only dealer around within 100 miles carrying any new wide 10 ft or 12 ft jon boats (though they are out of 12 ft boats right now).

The boat mfgr does not post a hp rating on this boat, a 9.9 woukd be way over powered and way to heavy....I woukd definetly go with a 12', not a 10 !! I have a 12' now, back some years I had a " river jon ". 12x40 jon boat, that was awesome and it would fly with my 9.9 two stroke, very stable and no ussue for two adults. All ofvthe new models are pricey....way to pricey for me. I could do a lot of driving to find a nice used model at the current new prices!! Last summer I bought a new to me 16' tinnie, like new condition, about a 75% savings over new prices !!! Didn" t hesitate to drive over 200 miles to find a nice one at a good price....

Thanks! I've have some constraints, such as only being able to get a 10 or 12-footer (storage reasons) and a light motor to put on and take off easy (for transport). No trailer, just hauling in the pickup bed or on top of the bed rack. Will put launch wheels on it.

Sadly they are the only dealer around within 100 miles carrying any new wide 10 ft or 12 ft jon boats (though they are out of 12 ft boats right now).
I've heard they just aren't producing the small boats due to lack of profit in them at this time, so when you do find one the price is high. IDK if that price is too high but it sounds steep to me. I'd try finding something used if you can. As for the outboard, get the largest one you can handle IMO, if it's a 7.5 or 8 then so be it, it will move you much better then a 3.5. Now if you only plan on tooling around a small lake, then the 3.5 will be fine enough. If you'll need to plane out on occasion I'd want bigger.

not sure what’s a good price on a lowe boat but i just bought a new G3 1036 52” beam jon for $2600 Canadian . Everything is more expensive here

Not sure I'd want a 10 footer. That's basically twice the size of my bathtub. Be OK for ponds and you probably don't need a motor at all. At least not a gas motor. I'm curious about launching without a trailer though. You going to walk it down the boat ramp? Seems like that would be quite a pain in the keester and might annoy everyone around you. Not trying to rain on your parade, but maybe you should think this over a bit more.

Yea, that might be the going rate these days and I commend you for getting a wider hull.
It has been a long time since I have seen a wide 10' boat used but you might get lucky.

I grew up in Cape Canaveral.

I'd recommend you get a 1248, if you can. Much more stable, better capacity and safety. I just did a quick search, and saw a bunch of boats on Marketplace. I didn't read the ads, but here are a few:

A Lund for $850:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/280315851314991
What looks like a Lowe for $500:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/232784593026241
Another for $500
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1336872863893403
Another for $999
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2415834828598411
For those prices, if you pick a clean one, you can put the rest into a nice motor.

. I'm curious about launching without a trailer though. You going to walk it down the boat ramp? Seems like that would be quite a pain in the keester and might annoy everyone around you. Not trying to rain on your parade, but maybe you should think this over a bit more.
I've gone fishing with a cousin when I was young, a 10' jon boat in the back of a chevy wagon, back the car down the ramp until the rear axle was to the hub, push the boat out the tailgate and she's floating, drop our 10 HP on her and took off (after pulling the car out).

Right now prices are rediculous, you can by a nice clean 14' semi V for less. Jon boat prices are way high...at least in my area
I would have to agree on jon boat prices being high , I paid $2542 for my 1036 G3 that’s with our lovely 13 % sales tax here in Ontario Canada.For that money you can buy a decent not new but older 14 v hull with a trailer and motor for that price and have way more fishing abilities

Latest posts