What is it worth? 25 HP E-Tec

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazyboat

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
A guy near me is selling a "Brand New" 2020 25 HP E-Tec, no mention of warranty. It comes with a prop, he's asking $3,500, what do you all think? If one of you would like the details let me know.

Not sure what goes on with the warranty, since they dont make etec anymore.
That would be my biggest worry, parts(not the warranty so much).
The 25/30hp were real nice, abit heavy but no more then the 4 stokes at the time.
Sorry cant help with price, used stuff went crazy high since covid...seems to be getting alittle better lately. If parts are avaible and theres someone(or yourself) capible of doing repairs,in your area(if needed), $3500 isnt a crazy price.

To me, the price is too close to what a new 25HP Tohatsu or Mercury or others cost. You would get full warrenty and dealer support. FWIW: I used OnlineOutboards to check prices.

Those are some very strong, very solid engines. As strong as some 40HP 4-strokes. I'm running one and it is powerful and absolutely flawless. They don't need any servicing for years, depending on how much you run them. They are almost impossible to buy around here.

But warranty could be an issue, at a certain price point. BRP is SUPPOSED to still be honoring the warranty on them.

Two questions you need to ask: 1) Is this guy a BRP dealer? 2) Does he have the warranty cards and other documentation so you can get your warranty registered? My local dealer still services them under warranty.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one, even out of warranty, but the price has to be worth it.

Latest posts