What is this wire for?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalicoJack

Reaction score
I am trying to rewire a birds nest. I purchased a 12 circuit fuse block and a battery on/off switch and have been learning how to configure a few minor accessories...but now I don't know what the wire coming from the front of the throttle does. A couple of its wires seem to be attached to a tachometer but the other wires aren't connected to anything.
Can anyone tell me what the wires are for and should they go to the fuse block or can I completely ignore it?

20230302_171851.jpg20230302_171935.jpg

That is the gauge harness. The gray wire is your tach signal, one is a ground and another will be switched power. The other two may be for a trim guage, or an accessory outlet.

The whole harness is essentially optional and you do not need to use it, everything required to run the motor is contained in the control box. Although if you have any need for switched ignition power, that is the place to get it.

Thank you for that! much appreciated...was beginning to think I'd have to wire the starter to the fuse block..lol

Thank you for that! much appreciated...was beginning to think I'd have to wire the starter to the fuse block..lol

No problem. All you should have to do on the motor side of things is hook up the two big wires to the battery, and plug in the control box. All of the power distribution to make the motor run is done under the cowl.

Latest posts