Where to source specific stainless deck screws?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Man

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for the OEM screws used on my Alumacraft vinyl-covered plywood flooring (see pics of screws).
I've tried all the common places....fastenal, bolt depot, fastenere, etc with no luck.
Not sure why these are so difficult to find.
I believe the screw heads are "wafer head."

SPECS:
1-3/4" long
Stainless Steel
Self drilling
Wafer Head
Square drive

Attachments

• IMG_4945.jpg
    IMG_4945.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4946.jpg
    IMG_4946.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4947.jpg
    IMG_4947.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 1
I was doing some searching too. I can find 4 of the 5 attributes, but nothing with all 5 spec's. Assuming you are trying to match what is there. Maybe search for bugle head, flat head, or truss head, IDK.

Woukdnt have to be sekf drilling and whether square, phillips or torx wouldnt make any difference either. Just matching general head shape, length and dia shold be alk that matters

These are actually for my dad...he wants to use these specific deck screws as they match his 2004 Crestliner Sportsman 14. He's redoing a portion of the deck and needs self drilling. Square drive wafer head will match his other deck screws.

Most builders use these screws by the thousands...wonder why are they so difficult to find?

Thanks. I tried them and mine are not available.
Hi
I've used something very similar to fasten subflooring to steel floor joists. If you inquire at a vendor that deals in steel framing materials, I'd bet you'll find what you need. I've got a few dozen left from when I rebuilt a pontoon boat. Screwed new plywood floor to the beams that spanned the pontoons.
Are you looking for them to be aluminum? Seems steel would maybe react with the the aluminum. The steel ones I used on the pontoon boat worked ok though.

McFeeley's usually has anything in square drive fasteners. BoltDepot.com also has most things. Good luck. TexasJim

There are several reputable suppliers where you can source specific stainless deck screws. Here are a few options:

1. FastenMon: The FastenMon #10 x 3-1/2 Inch Stainless Steel 304 Wood Screws are highly rated and come in a pack of 100, including a T25 Star Drive Bit. You can purchase these directly through FastenMon's website or through Amazon.

2. Amazon: Amazon has a wide selection of stainless steel deck screws, including A4 stainless steel screws, which are the highest corrosivity class for stainless steel screws. You can search for specific sizes, brands, and styles to find the right screws for your needs.

3. Home Depot: Home Depot is a well-known home improvement retailer that carries a wide selection of deck screws, including stainless steel options. You can order online or visit your local Home Depot store to purchase the screws you need.

4. Lowe's: Lowe's is another major home improvement retailer that carries a range of stainless steel deck screws. You can search for specific brands and sizes on their website or visit a nearby Lowe's store to purchase the screws you need. No matter where you choose to source your stainless deck screws, be sure to pay attention to the specifications, including the size, material, and corrosion resistance, to ensure that you're selecting the right screws for your specific project requirements.

Latest posts