WHICH 1973 STARCRAFT "Tin" Runabout Did I Buy??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I found a BIG, DEEP-V, 1973 STARCRAFT 16-foot runabout on a period DILLY trailer "for peanuts" here in The Alamo City, just this afternoon. = The hull is in excellent condition but essentially the entire interior was removed & stored away some years ago.
(I'm told that the interior is in a storage building, is in "decent condition" & conveys with the boat/trailer.)

I think that the runabout is a 1973 SUPERSPORT , after looking at many photos of 1973 STARCRAFT runabouts on the Worldwideweird, but am far from sure of that. = The boat looks like a 16 foot HOLIDAY but it has an open bow area, forward of the windshield, which has "bow to windshield" cushions port & starboard..

I "think that I remember" that at least one of our members has a "by serial number list" of the various STARCRAFT boats.
(I tried to reach Customer Service at STARCRAFT MARINE but learned that, due to the "virus scare" that the company is "closed until further notice".)

The HIN is: STR22518M73H.

Also, IF anyone has GOOD photos of the original interior, I would happily pay for color copies of the interior. = I want to restore the boat to "factory stock".
Further, I would like to know the recommended HP for the boat. - The original OMC 50HP outboard was removed/sold long ago.

NOTE: I've been AWOL from the forum for a long time, due to an accident (BROKEN RIBS are NOT fun to recover from at 73YO.) and while I was "all crippled up", I was ALSO trying to take care of my childhood sweetheart, who is now an invalid.

Sincerely Yours, Tex, satx

Friends,

The BIG "tin" runabout IS a STARCRAFT SUPERSPORT 16. = Fwiw, I found someone who has a factory brochure from 1973 & that has a suitable photo to positively identify the hull.

What I still need is a GOOD CLOSE-UP of the interior furnishings, so that I know where all the various pieces go.

Yours, Tex

Did you happen to see this project on the boats forum? Is it the same boat?

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owners-groups-by-manufacturer/s/starcraft-boats/624642-1973-starcraft-ss-restore-in-progress

Go to Google, then in the upper right corner click on “images”, then on that page enter your search term (1973 Starcraft Supersport), I have an all-original 89 16 foot Supersport and can send photos along, if you think any of them would help you. I’m guessing the basic interior configuration is more or less the same. Mine has the original 60 HP Merc 2 stroke. I’ve heard they could take a 75 HP but I am not sure. For trout/salmon trolling here in the northeast USA this can sometimes be a little too fast even at idle, and a good trolling motor can be just the ticket in some waters.

Latest posts